Kevin and Julie, organizers of the It Takes Two Meetup Group. We discovered making new friends, especially friends that are couples, can be difficult. Our goal at the It Takes Two Meetup Group is to connect with committed couples in the Mpls/St Paul area. Our hope is that couples will not only have fun socializing at our events, but will build long-term friendships! We encourage married, engaged or dating couples looking to establish friendships with other equally committed couples to join our group. Group events include but are not limited to happy hours, BBQs, card and game nights, movie nights, dinners, bowling, wine tastings, sports events, live music, road trips, and any other suggestions received from members. Events will be held at least twice a month, and will be posted with a minimum 1 week notice whenever possible. In order to join our group, you must read, understand, and follow the Membership Rules and Guidelines listed below.
IT TAKES TWO MEETUP GROUP MEMBERSHIP RULES/GUIDELINES
WHO CAN JOIN
The It Takes Two Meetup Group is open to committed (married, engaged or seriously dating) couples of varying ages, cultural and ethnic backgrounds that live, work, or play in the Twin Cities Metro area and are looking to make some new friends while participating in fun activities. See membership requirements for the details on how to join.
• You are single.
• You are looking for people to date.
• Or simply looking for a “swingers” group...then our group IS NOT for you!
• The It Takes Two Meetup Group is open to all couples and not a private website
• Before seeking membership, you must fill out ALL profile questions and upload a REAL photograph of the two of you. Any requests for membership that are not accompanied by a completed profile and picture will be considered incomplete and denied membership.
• You must be an ACTIVE MEMBER in GOOD STANDING. To be considered an active member, you need to log-in to the It Takes Two Meetup Group site at least once every 3 months. Meetup.com considers your profile to be inactive after 3 months of not logging in. Inactive members will be contacted via email, will be notified of their status and given 2 weeks to respond. If inactive status remains at the end of 2 weeks, member may be removed from the group at the organizer’s discretion. *See RSVP/Attendance guidelines for more information about being a member in good standing.
At the present time, there is no fee to be a member of this Group.
RSVP are very important! It lets the Organizers know how many people to expect at each scheduled event. It’s especially important when an event venue requires an advanced reservation.
1. Members are responsible for RSVPing to Meetups posted on the site and should ACCEPT or DECLINE an invitation within the first few days of receiving it.
It's important that we have the exact number of people attending so that:
We know to keep an eye out for you.
We make accurate reservations based on our RSVP list. This ensures you have a seat!
We keep things safe by knowing exactly who will be showing up.
2. If you RSVP “YES,” be true to your word and show up to the event!* We realize that sometimes the unavoidable occurs and you just can’t make it. However, in these instances, you should change your RSVP accordingly and contact the Organizer via email or phone to tell them why you couldn't attend. The same holds true if you are running late. Please phone the organizer if you’ll be late, so we’ll be sure to save you a seat! *A member is not in good standing when they are a “NO SHOW” to an event. After 3 “NO SHOWs”, the member will be removed from the group.
3. In order to attend an event, you must RSVP for it. If you RSVP “NO,” you should first change your RSVP to “YES” and notify the Organizer. If an upcoming event is full, join the “Waiting List” or RSVP "NO" and add a comment that you'd like to attend if a slot opens. You’ll be notified, if one opens up! Simply showing up for an event when an event is FULL is not acceptable.
4. Members should attend at least one It Takes Two event per quarter (unless none are scheduled) or provide up-to-date RSVP information as to why you were unable to attend. * RSVPing “NO” will keep your membership active; however, members who have not attended an event in 6 months and have not provided up-to-date RSVP history will be deemed inactive and will be removed from the group at the organizers discretion.
MESSAGE BOARD GUIDELINES
Members are encouraged to post on the message board; however, please keep the following guidelines in mind:
• When you post, be tactful and respectful of everyone’s opinions. Not everyone will agree with you and you do not have to agree with everyone, but keep this in mind and your feelings should not be hurt.
• If you have an issue with someone, email them personally off the board and try to resolve any problems on your own. We want this group to be “drama” free. This group does not need to be dragged into your disagreement. Please be constructive and above all friendly! Keep in mind how you would want to be approached if someone was contacting you with concerns. If after this, you are still unable to resolve the issue, please feel free to contact us for further assistance.
Please note: Members reported to have abused, disrespected, harassed and/or spammed any other member will be removed from our group.
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About It Takes Two - A Social Group for Couples||August 18, 2011 12:04 PM||anonymous|