Women in Motion!
This group's mission is to:
1) encourage women of all ages, and backgrounds to run and walk their way to better health and fitness.
"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run." - John Bingham
Now shall I walk
or shall I ride?
"Ride," Pleasure said.
"Walk," Joy replied.
- W. Davies
2) to provide and foster a supportive team environment where every woman reaches the personal best goals she has set.
We do not have a requirement for a pace you must run before joining us (i.e.10mm or better), an amount of time you must be able to run without stopping (i.e. 30 minutes) or distance (i.e. 3K+).
Because in the end, everyday, with every physical endeavour we choose to undertake, will ALL find ourselves at that place called "THE BEGINNING!" And, we remember that.
The diversity of our group is rich. We have women in our group who enjoy mud runs and warrior dashes, trail runs, track runs, cross country runs, triathlons, road running, jogging, run/walking, power walking, race walking, distances up to marathons and beyond at slow and steady endurance paces to full speed ahead and everything in between for fun and fitness as well as competition.
We are united by our every effort and stride. We support each other at starts and finishes of group training and competitive race events. We are A-Team!
There is no "I" in team. We K.O. Runs & Walks "TOGETHER!"
For more about our group go to:
And, checkout our Runner's Library and Online Resource pages.
J.K.O. Running- JUST KNOCK OUT RUNNING!
1) Your member profile for the team via meetup will be activated upon receipt of the $5 membership due. Please go to our team's blog page http://www.jkorunning.blogspot.com and click on the "Buy Now" button. There is a .45 cent processing charge for each payment. You can download our team's application from there, then fax it back to (888) 397-7256.
Our team meets every Thursday and Saturday and the first Monday of every month. Additional runs & walks may be scheduled during the Spring to Fall Seasons. You can see a schedule of race events members will be participating in on our team blog as well.
For our group runs all members are required to complete a stretch together. Our team is about TEAM!! This means that the pace will be that of the slowest runner to start before the logistics of breaking up is determined. We leave no woman left behind ever! This means if a pair of fast runners are with a slower one you will have to circle back to see how she is doing, run a bit with her, keep the level of motivation up, run and circle back. By doing this you help foster a healthy team environment and still get your running time and distance in. Have a positive domino effect! Anyone who runs off during any group run and leaves a sole sister behind will be removed from the group.
Please do not join this group if you are looking for just another running group to add to your runner's black book. In the end a team of 20 who are active, engaged and supportive of each other is better than a thousand ghost runners.
You do not have to be on meetup.com to join. We have several members who do not use the meetup platform. All members will be informed via email of events and updates in addition to posts on team pages. Our team blog will list all upcoming events as well as link to our team's google calendar. Members may RSVP for any event via e-mail.
2) Members have the option of setting up events in our team. Events will post as long as there are 3 or more members (not including guests) interested in attending. At the moment group runs are held in Central Park. Many of us travel from the outer boroughs and outside NYC to attend. If you would like to run somewhere else in the city please consider either posting an event or write email@example.com. The time and location of the events must take into consideration the safety of our runners or they will not be posted. Locations to meet are provided to members only.
3) Gentlemen this group is for "Ladies Only!" There are many co-ed teams you can join via meetup and elsewhere:
Barefoot Runners NYC
Team in Training
Volunteer for Achilles International
New York Trrail & Ultra Running
Nike Running Club
Members are welcome to bring the special men in their lives (father, sons, husbands, etc.) to run or walk with them and the group at any public, co-ed race event.