JaxPHP / JaxWeb Message Board › How about a Group presentation?

How about a Group presentation?

Eric Noble
user 4016762
Group Organizer
Orange Park, FL
Post #: 59
For our Dec 1 MeetUp I did a short presentation about the history of Vi(m) - why it is the strange way it is - and a quick demo for two Mac users who didn't even know it was on their machines. Then Max talked about customizing Vim as an full-fledged IDE, but he didn't have the right laptop with him to do a demo of his set-up.

Afterwards, when Max and I were brainstorming other topics of general interest, he suggested trying a group presentation: several people doing a few minutes each on their own perspective. I like this idea.

And while we're on the subject, Vi(m) may be is a good topic to start with. I know we have members looking for a good editor or IDE who may have been scared off Vi(m) by ugly rumors. Maybe we can show them the way.

I'd take a few minutes to reprise my historical angle for the whole gang, then other Vi(m) users can present their own favorite features and custom configurations. I know Max and Lig are heavy users. The rest of you know who you are.

So, Vi(m) volunteers for 2-5 minutes each in Jan or Feb? If not, I'll just come back at you with another group topic.