JaxPHP / JaxWeb Message Board › Anyone interested in PHP?

Anyone interested in PHP?

A former member
Post #: 105
There are many things that PHP programmers need to stay on top of their game. This group along with the SEO group well demonstrate that there is nothing equal to a bunch of people coming together face to face to talk a subject.

reasons for a PHP focused effort in Jacksonville:

Increase coding security
Increase coding efficiency
Increase coding skills
Cover current PHP vulnerabilities
Cover updates to PHP which happen about every two months
Support and skills in combining HTML, PHP, Ajax and other technologies.
Various frameworks, CMS, shopping carts and other prefabbed PHP
New technologies and libraries such as Jquery
Various tools available such as editors, version control, etc...
And ETC....

This group does fine for what it does but it has minimal value to a PHP developer's growth and maintenance. No means am I attempting to insult but trying to find a solution for my concern. This group has too broad a member vocation base to be able to focus on hard core PHP coding. I do not call myself a PHP programmer but do use PHP daily in the execution of my job.

Do we need another group or refocus this one? Any suggestions?

Tim
ZipOnOver, Local Business Directory

--------------------------------------­--------------------------
Latest Release regularity:
PHP 5.3.2 Released [04-Mar-2010]
PHP 5.2.13 Released [25-Feb-2010]
PHP 5.2.12 Released [17-Dec-2009]
PHP 5.3.1 Released [19-Nov-2009]

Latest vulnerabilities: (last week May 10, 2010)
php -- php
The (1) sqlite_single_query and (2) sqlite_array_query functions in ext/sqlite/sqlite.c in PHP 5.2 through 5.2.13 and 5.3 through 5.3.2 allow context-dependent attackers to execute arbitrary code by calling these functions with an empty SQL query, which triggers access of uninitialized memory.
2010-05-07 7.5 CVE-2010-1868

php -- php
The Zend Engine in PHP 5.2 through 5.2.13 and 5.3 through 5.3.2 allows context-dependent attackers to obtain sensitive information by interrupting the handler for the (1) ZEND_BW_XOR opcode (shift_left_function), (2) ZEND_SL opcode (bitwise_xor_function), or (3) ZEND_SR opcode (shift_right_function), related to the convert_to_long_base function.
2010-05-12 5.0 CVE-2010-1914

php -- php
The preg_quote function in PHP 5.2 through 5.2.13 and 5.3 through 5.3.2 allows context-dependent attackers to obtain sensitive information (memory contents) by causing a userspace interruption of an internal function, related to the call time pass by reference feature, modification of ZVALs whose values are not updated in the associated local variables, and access of previously-freed memory.
2010-05-12 5.0 CVE-2010-1915

php -- php
Stack consumption vulnerability in PHP 5.2 through 5.2.13 and 5.3 through 5.3.2 allows context-dependent attackers to cause a denial of service (PHP crash) via a crafted first argument to the fnmatch function, as demonstrated using a long string.
2010-05-12 5.0 CVE-2010-1917
Eric N.
user 4016762
Group Organizer
Orange Park, FL
Post #: 71
Did someone say "latest frameworks"?
June Meetup
A former member
Post #: 106
YiiS! that is what I am talking about. Lets make it live coding. Just in-case i will have my laptop with WAMPserver and Yii framework installed so we can see it in action!

Lets get together and make Jacksonville PHP programmers come back to life with some help from don of the dead!

Find zombie outbreaks near you!
Eric N.
user 4016762
Group Organizer
Orange Park, FL
Post #: 74
Re live coding: We're unfortunately limited by the Library's facilities and network. That's why I'm asking for sponsors­ to offer meeting facilities.

First, at the library we need everything for a live demo to run locally: we can't ssh or putty or even access ports other than 80.

Second, the library's network is only fast enough for simple web pages: another reason Don's last effort re Facebook tragically crashed and burned.

Finally, I reserved Room A in part because it had a projector, but now we've learned that projector was stolen, so we're back to depending on the kindness of members for projector support.

That's why I opted for a basic, web-only presentation this time. We lucked out with the projector in room B, but I wanted to make sure people could follow along on their laptops in a pinch.

A former member
Post #: 114
Little frustrated:

In this group how many times have we seen <?php in a meeting ?

So many topics that could be covered and we are wanting to redo topics covered less than a year ago!