align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

JaxRaw - NorthEast Florida's Raw & Living Foods Meetup Message Board › ***RECIPES HERE ***

***RECIPES HERE ***

A former member
Post #: 347
THE NEWEST RECIPES ARE ON THE LAST PAGE!!!!!!!!!

To Post A NEW Recipe - Go To The Last Page, Scroll down and hit "Add a Reply" !!!!!!!

A former member
Post #: 5
Hi Everyone,

This recipe is from a friend of mine in TN that I received back in 2002 when we first started to go raw. I make this almost every week and it is great! It's very much like Matt's from Revolution. Try not to eat it all at one sitting, it is that good!

Onion Bread

2 1/2 lbs sweet onions, peeled
1 cup ground sunflower seeds
1 cup ground golden flax seeds
1/2 cup olive oil
3 oz. Nama Shoyu

Put onions in food processor with 's' blade and process until small pieces, (but not mush). Put in mixing bowl with the other ingredients and mix thoroughly. The flax will absorb liquid. Smooth onto teflex sheets* about 1/4" thick and place in dehydrator for 5 hours, turning over for another 3-4 hours or until dry and crispy. Either break into pieces or cut with a pizza cutter, and store in refrigerator in an airtight container.
*If you don't have an Excalibur dehydrator, any type will do - just use natural unbleached parchment paper instead of the teflex sheets.

Bon Appetite!

Pansy
A former member
Post #: 365
I think this recipe might do well with red onions and some finely chopped habaneros.
A former member
Post #: 5
Super Simple Dee-licious Brownies!

1 cup walnuts, unsoaked or soaked and dried
1 cup pitted dates
1/2 cup raw cocoa powder*

Put all three in food processor and process with S blade. It will be crumbly at first; keep processing until it forms a smooth, thick paste. Spread in cake pan and, if you can wait, biggrin chill briefly and cut into small squares.

This tastes and looks amazingly like baked brownies.

You can also use it in its crumbly stage as a topping for raw ice cream. tongue

*If you do not use cocoa, you could make it with carob.
A former member
Post #: 1
Raw Spaghetti

noodles:
2 cucumbers peeled lengthwise
set aside while you make the sauce:

5 chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup baby portabellas
3 fresh basil leaves
1 tsp oregano
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp each of oil and red wine vinegear
salt and pepper to taste

belnd it all up in a blender and pour over "noodles".. and ENJOY

prep time: 15 minutes
serves 2

*To me, the mushrooms are necessary and help to cut the strong tomato taste, and give it a more meaty flavor. sometimes I also add in some calamata olives or red peppers.
A former member
Post #: 6
Cheddar Cheeze

1 large red pepper, chopped
1/4 cup water
1 cup raw cashews, unsoaked or soaked and dried
1 T tahini
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1 T minced onion
1 clove garlic
2 T lemon juice

Throw ingredients into food processor with S blade and blend away until it is smooth and orange.cool It can be warmed up in the dehydrator, but is very good as is.

You can add jalapeno and make it into a nacho cheeze spread. We have been eating it on dark flax crackers and raw veggie strips every day, it is sooooo good! Our SAD eating friends and family cannot believe it is not cheese! They like it as much as we do!
A former member
Post #: 397
Almond Dressing

2/3 cup water
1/3 cup lemon juice
3/4 cup almonds, soaked
1 garlic
1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
2 teaspoons dried parsley
Celtic sea salt to taste

Blend everything togethter, accept for the dill and parsley. After blending, stir in the dill and parsley. Cover and chill.

Optional, add some cayenne and 1/2 fresh habanero chile to the blended portion. Also add some fresh ground black pepper to taste.
A former member
Post #: 7
Thanks for the dressing recipe Dillon. That was one of our biggest challenges when first going raw.
Now one of our challenges is getting more greens in our diet, especially with all the beautiful winter vegetables available. This has helped us.

Corn and Adzuki Bean Relish
16 oz bag frozen organic corn, or 2-3 cups fresh
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup agave
sea salt to taste
1 small red onion, chopped
1 red or yellow pepper, chopped
1 cup sprouted adzuki beans
1 large tomato, chopped
Combine and Enjoy!

Raw Collard Delight
Roll collards up like a cigar and chop thin. Add crushed garlic cloves, lemon juice, olive oil, herbamere or your choice of salt and spices. Use your fingertips to rub the flavorings into the leaves.

We recently had the privilige of entertaining a raw couple from Atlanta in our home and they shared these recipes with us. I have been enjoying the relish poured over the collards. So tasty and so nutritious! All 5 of Victoria Boutenko's flavors are represented in the combination of the two dishes, but each is very good alone as well. If you do not want to wait for the adzukis to sprout, you could use faster sprouting mung bean or lentils. You could also substitute any greens such as turnips, kale, mustards or any combination.
A former member
Post #: 403
Connie, that is interesting that you mention that about getting more greens. That was one of my motivators for making the almond dressing. I figure if I can prepare different raw dressings and keep it interesting, that I should be able to eat more fresh leafy greens.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I can pick up kale leaves and eat them as is. However, I see no harm in enjoying them with a little salad dressing.
A former member
Post #: 8
I know exactly what you mean. You can eat them plain, but why not really enjoy them, right? My little grandson and I often make a meal of black kale or bok choy dipped in a tahini dressing. I also have been putting together different green veggies with tomato and onion and a dressing of olive oil, agave, apple cider vinegar, and a little ground mustard seed. Tonite we used arugula and everyone gobbled it up. Enjoy those greens. I honestly believe they are the keys to success for the raw food lifestyle.