addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

JaxRaw - NorthEast Florida's Raw & Living Foods Meetup Message Board › ***RECIPES HERE ***

***RECIPES HERE ***

Gary P.
gary0318
Jacksonville, FL
Post #: 2
Citrus Crème Smoothie

Juice the following:

• 2 Oranges
  • 2 fist-sized clusters of red grapes
  • 1 or 2 fist-sized clusters of strawberries

Blend the following:

The Juice Combination above
1 frozen banana
1 C Almond Milk
12 Ice Cubes
A squirt of Raw Agave or Raw Honey

OPTIONALLY ADD: 1 RAW EGG AND ½ SCOOP OF SOURCE OF LIFE GRANOLA FLAVORED WHOLE FOOD SUPPLEMENT

Yields: approximately 2 - 16 ounce smoothies
Ian
mysocalledknife
Columbia, SC
Post #: 250
Hello, all!

Many folks asked me about the recipe for the Cinnamon Raisin Torte things, so it is here that I will share:

Cinnamon Raisin Torte

4 cups walnuts
1/8 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp. sea salt
3/4 cup raw agave
2 Tbs. cinnamon
1 cup raisins

Ground walnuts in the food processor until it reaches a cake-like consistency (this may take awhile depending on the size of the food processor). Mix walnuts with remaining ingredients into a large mixing bowl, and shape the "cake" into balls, cake slices, whole pies, etc. Garnish with ground up walnuts, if desired.

linda g.
user 7818678
Jacksonville, FL
Post #: 4
Well, I posted my recipe in the wrong place, so here it is again!

Blueberry Pie

3 pints fresh blueberries
1/2 cup fresh squeezed OJ
1/2 - 3/4 cup dates, pitted
4 Tbsp. psyllium powder
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. cinnamon

1 cup pecans
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup dates, pitted
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. Braggs

Clean blueberries and set aside. Process last 5 ingredients with S blade to a coarse meal. Press into pie plate. Take one cup blueberries and combine with remaining ingredients in a processor using the S blade. Mix together (by hand) with remaining blueberries. It may be necessary to use more dates if the blueberries are sour. Press into crust and chill. Garnish with whole pecans lined around outside of the pie plate.
Enjoy! Linda Ginsburg
A former member
Post #: 14
Cucumber-Dill Salad

for the salad:
5 cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
1/2 red onion, diced
1 bunch chopped dill, stems removed

for the dressing:
1/4 cup ACV
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 T celtic sea salt
2 colves garlic, peeled

In mixing bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients and toss to mix thoroughly.

In a Vita-Mix (or high speed blender), combine the dressing ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour the dressing over the sald, mix well and serve.
A former member
Post #: 913
Spicy Curry Zucchini Noodles - served at the June Potluck 2009

(sorry, I rarely measure anything - all of these measurements are approximate)

Pasta:
2-4 Zucchini - they 'melt' with the sauce in the dehydrator
Assorted veggies slice THIN
ribbons of leafy greens (kale, spinach or collards, ect)

Sauce:
2 cups soaked cashews
1/2 the meat of a thai coconut (meat only, drink the juice)
4 T Curry Powder - I used Frontier organic salt-free curry powder.
1 knob ginger
dash cayenne
2 garlic cloves
1/3 cup diced onion
2-3 teaspoons or so of Himalayan Sea Salt - more or less to taste
water to blend - start out with 3/4 cup and add more if needed. You want it to be thick because the veggies will give off water as it sits.

Cover and dehydrate for one hour or more to warm it up and marry the flavors, then stir.

Garnish with seasoned nuts - I used cashews that had been tossed in Garam Masala then dehydrated. Curry Cashews would be fabulous too.
A former member
Post #: 15
Thank you Melissa, was waiting for you to post this! mmmmm
A former member
Post #: 1
Cinnamon Blueberry Tarts
Submitted by Rosanna Jacobsen
Servings:
Makes 13 Tartlets

Cinnamon Blueberry Small Tarts, perfect raw bakery treats! With a cinnamon crust and blueberry jam filling, you can enjoy these delicious pastries with a nice cup of Chai Tea.

Ingredients:
Cinnamon Pastry:
*1/2 c Dates
*1/2 c Almond Meal
*2 tbls Cinnamon
*1/2 tsp Nutmeg
*1 tbls Filtered Water
*Pinch of Celtic Salt
First process the dates in the food processor, then add the rest of the ingredients. Add a tbls of water if the mixture is too dry. Using a tbls measurer, spoon in 1 tbls of Cinnamon Pastry into each hole of a small cupcake tray. Mold with your fingers into small tart shapes.
Blueberry Jelly:
*1/2 c Blueberries or any other fruit
*13 Blueberries for topping
*1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
*1 tbls Flax Meal
*1 tsp Agave Nectar
Blend all the ingredients until smooth. Spoon the jelly into each tart and top with an additional blueberry.
A former member
Post #: 2
Raw Summer Slaw
Submitted by Rosanna Jacobsen

Servings: 1-2

Ingredients:
1-2 cups broken up cauliflower florets
1 cup broccoli
2-3 carrots, peeled, then julienned
1-2 scallions, sliced into thin rings
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup diced summer squash
2-3 basil leaves, minced
1 tbsp olive oil
1-2 tsp apple cider vinegar
sea salt and pepper to taste

Preparation:
mix all ingredients together in a resealable dish (Tupperware, etc) and let the mixture sit in the fridge for a couple hours to let the flavors blend. Then enjoy!!
Gina P
user 10294144
Jacksonville, FL
Post #: 4
At potlucks, I've enjoyed the chocolate pie. It's the best! Who makes it?
Where is the recipe? I'd love to have it. Please post for everyone.
Joseph B.
user 7387777
Darien, GA
Post #: 16
MINT CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY COCONUT CREME PEACH COCONUT CREME MANGO LEATHER DELIGHT.
My friend Rene Oswald had posted her mint chocolate creme pie recipe on the Raw Food Recipe Junction a few weeks ago so I used her crust and mint chocolate filling ( which can be found on her site on you tube) in this recipe. I also made a strawberry creme, and peach creme layer.

CRUST
1/2 cup almonds soaked and dehydrated
1'2 cup sunflower seeds
2 cups buckwheat sprouted
1/4 cup carob powder
1/2 cup raisins
teaspoon vanilla
mix in food processor.

MINT CHOCOLATE TOP LAYER
1/2 cup cashews
meat from 1 thai coconut or 1/4 cup coconut creeme concentrate
4 dates (pitted)
1/2 cup raw carob powder
1 cup chia gel
peppermint leaves or extract
6 macadamia nuts
mix in food processor

STRAWBERRY COCONUT CREME LAYER
meat and water from 1 Thai coconut
1/4 cup coconut creme concentrate
1 cup chia gel.
1 cup fresh strawberries
every thing pulsed in food processor!

PEACH COCONUT CREME LAYER
Same ingredients as Strawberry layer only add 1 cup fresh peaches instead of Strawberries.
Normally A creme pie like this takes time to prepare because you freeze each layer for about 1 1/2 hours so that they don't mix together.
I cheated!
I had a case of ripe mangoes, So I pulsed 12 mangoes in my food processor until smooth. added a cup of chopped pecans and dehydrated the mixture for 8 hours in my dehydrator making mango pecan fruit leather.
The next day I made my crust, and fillings. I put in the crust.
added the strawberry filling
put a fruit leather over it.
added the peach filling'

put a fruit leather over it.
added the mint chocolate top layer.

Popped it in the freezer and 1 1/2 hours later my pies were ready. I cut it into squares after about 1 hour.
I made two for my grand daughters Masters of Education Graduation party. But I am getting old and managed to forget to take one. So now I am stuck with leftovers. (He laughs out loud while walking to the freezer)