Jazz in the City New York Message Board › New Temporary Organizer Position!

New Temporary Organizer Position!

A former member
Dear Members,

We are excited to announce the availability of  a new, temporary group position – Event Organizer!

This allows any member to step up and organize a single event of their choosing. Any event can be suggested as long as it is related to jazz music. So, what does an Event Organizer do?

An event organizer is responsible, of course, for attending the event. They are also responsible for making sure that everyone who attends the group is able to find each other – there are a few ways to do this, be it arranging a place to meet before the event or having a reserved seating area. We ask that event organizers try to schedule the event at least a few days before it occurs, so as to give attendees time to see the posting and RSVP.

This is different than our regular organizer position, because we don’t require any long-term commitment from you. You can sign up to organize just one event if you choose, and you can do so more than once if you feel you are able. This is a great way to get your feet wet if you have thought about taking on a larger role with Jazz In The City, but weren’t sure if you had time.

If you would be interested in hosting an event with us, or have an event to suggest, please contact me directly. You can reach me at amanda@jazzinthecity.org­. I am available throughout most days on Eastern Standard Time.

Hope you are all having a warm and wonderful sunny weekend!

Warmly Yours,

Amanda Morrison

www.jazzinthecity.org­