Job Seekers Network on the Peninsula Message Board › Monster Job.com sometimes has openings
San Mateo, CA
They have joined with Yahoo Hot Jobs.com
Sometimes Monster Job.com has openings, samples:
Operator: ATR International, Inc.
Back | Similar jobs
Job ID jjgATR62111
Company Name ATR International, Inc.
Job Category Manufacturing/Operations
Location Santa Clara, CA
Position Type Full-Time, Contract
Desired Education Level High School
ATR Manufacturing, a division of ATR International, has been a leader in the staffing industry since 1988, placing professionals in the industry's most innovative companies. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Operator with one of our important clients.
Job Title: Operator
Location: Santa Clara
Duration: 2 months
We are seeking a candidate to perform a wide variety of electronic, mechanical or electro-mechanical assembly operations on assemblies or sub-assemblies. Sets up and operates automatic or semi-automatic machines. May perform other tasks including, but not limited to placing labels on packages, and putting data sheets with products. Cleans tools and equipment per documented procedures. Disposes hazardous waste material on ocrreponding hazardous waste areas. Assembles products and product components. Visually inspects finished products for defects. Packages final products. Monitors product quality and takes corrective action per established protocols. Loads machines and bins with raw material, cleans work area during lot changes. Completes all required documentation; Responsible for product quality at that specific step of the process. Works as part of a group within each process; Contacts are primarily within immediate group for exchange of information. Requires normal business courtesy. Demonstrates knowledge of the applicable safety standards and practices required in the manufacture of company products through personal work habits. Performs operations to package and prepare finished product for shipment. Identifies more effective ways for detecting or preventing errors. Performs job tasks with an error free focus. Follows and works within ISO and GMP. Works with other members to perform tasks and develop ideas.
Ideal candidate must have good interpersonal skills.
HS Diploma required.
To be considered for this position, please click the "Apply Now" button or contact the following recruiter directly:
Name: Josh Garcia
Phone: 408 328 8021
Visit our website at www.myatr.com for an up-to-date listing of opportunities.
Staff Accountant: Core-Mark
Location South San Francisco, CA
Position Type Full-Time, Employee
Experience 2-5 Years Experience
Desired Education Level Bachelor of Business Administration
Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE) www.core-mark.com
Is one of the largest publicly traded broad-line, full-service wholesale distributors of packaged consumer products to the convenience retail industry in North America. It provides distribution and logistics services, as well as, marketing programs to over 21,000 retail locations in 45 states and 5 Canadian provinces through its 25 Distribution Centers.
$6.9 billion in revenue and growing! Core-Mark is ranked 419th on Fortune’s list of the America’s largest companies in 2010. Our Corporate office, located in South San Francisco, is on the Bay at beautiful Oyster Point, and provides a progressive, growth-oriented work environment. You will enjoy greater autonomy, and a strong Team atmosphere. We are seeking a professional with a high potential for advancement.
POSITION REPORTS TO:
Corporate Accounting Manager – with oversight from Senior Accountant
The primary responsibility of the Staff Accountant – Financial Accounting is to ensure that corporate transactions and consolidations are properly reflected in the Company’s General Ledger on a timely basis in accordance with GAAP. The Staff Accountant also ensures that SOX controls and reporting requirements placed on a public company are properly executed.
* Responsible for the preparation, to include adequate supporting documentation, and review of General Ledger Journal entries during the month-end close.
* Responsible for accurate and timely internal reporting during the month-end close process to include assessment of financial risks and opportunities.
* Responsible for coordinating the balancing and verifying the accuracy of monthly allocations.
* Responsible for the monthly review of financial results and variance analysis as compared to goal, last year, year end and prior quarter for high risk areas on the financial statements.
* Responsible for the coordinating the preparation of Balance Sheet consolidation for all Divisions, including adjusting and re-classifying entries.
* Responsible for development and maintenance of account analysis/reconciliation process. Ensures that all account analysis/reconciliation procedures comply with GAAP and SOX requirements. Process must include adequate documentation such as account reconciliation summary and documentation of accounting entries for manager/supervisor review.
* Responsible for monthly Balance sheet review for all assigned areas of the balance sheet; this review includes variance analysis to last year, year end and current year budget and resolution of all outstanding issues.
* Responsible for the preparation of schedules and reports in support of annual and interim audit, all schedules prepared must be adequately documented.
* Responsible for any ad-hoc analysis requests from client groups in finance and other functional areas.
* Responsible for the preparation of assigned schedules that are included in the monthly Management Report binder.
* Responsible for leading process improvement initiatives with the goal of streamlining existing processes and calling out risks and opportunities to senior management
1) Competencies: knowledge, skills & abilities
* Must understand basic- intermediate accounting concepts, including a good working knowledge of GAAP relative to contingencies, balance sheet classifications, etc.
* Intermediate Knowledge of Excel.
* Intermediate knowledge of reporting tools such as Hyperion
* Process improvement and problem solving skills
* Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
* Aptitude and willingness to learn new accounting systems.
* Solid workpaper documentation techniques
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Provides high level of service to business partners
* Works with a sense of urgency and efficiency
* Takes ownership for all assigned areas of responsibility
* Promotes feedback and appropriately escalates issues / conflicts to manager/supervisor.
* Stays on project schedule and estimates/manages time efficiently and effectively.
* Flexible, organized, and able to handle competing priorities.
* Must be able to multi-task during monthly close processes
* Able to adapt and contribute to organizational change in a fast paced environment.
* Must be able to set and meet reasonable deadlines.
* Demonstrates maturity and integrity.
* Successfully presents ideas and influences others to get results
* Strong follow through skills
* Builds solid and strong relationships with business partners
* 2-3 years of relevant accounting and/or reporting experience, with relevant month end close experience.
3) Minimum educational level:
* Bachelor’s degree in Business with a major in Accounting preferred. Must be elibible to sit for the Uniform CPA Examination.
We are not able to offer relocation assistance or employee sponsorship at this time.
EOE/ AA Employer
Tips For A Safe Job Search: Never give your bank account information, credit card or social security number to a prospective employer. Do not accept any offers to cash checks or wire money.