KC Midtown FreeThinkers Message Board › Things learned on the first ever Freethinkers float trip:
Kansas City, MO
I think the first annual Freethinkers float was big success!
We had 2 folks from the Topeka Atheists, 8 from the Kansas City Midtown group, and 8 folks from the Rogers, Arkansas freethinkers join us. Here's just a few things we learned on our adventure:
1. Flip flops will be lost if you try to swim in a body of water with a current.
2. It's always a good idea to make sure you actually have a tent in your tent bag. (of course this one is not entirely my fault as my folks brought me what they thought was a whole tent, and it turned out to be only the rain canopy!)
3. When in a large group, even forgetting one's tent isn't the end of the world, as you can usually find someone to bunk with.
4. Don't forget your pillow. You will not be happy.
5. Sunscreen must be reapplied every 20-30 minutes.
6. Drinking on an empty stomach will cause you to become quite drunk in a very short amount of time.
7. Once said stomach becomes too full of nothing but booze, it will revolt.
8. That true friends that will make sure your alive, make you drink water, and make sure you have on enough sunscreen when one is semi-comatose in the front of the raft.
9. That freethinkers are totally awesome no matter where they hail from.
10. Air mattresses aren't a necessity, but would have made sleeping much easier.
11. That float trips must be planned more often as they are totally fun!
There are probably more lessons others learned and I encourage them to share if they want to.
Thanks to everyone who went and helped make this trip a blast!