Location Info Update:
Berg Event Space
1525 Grand Boulevard
Kansas City, MO
Do to the upcoming launch of CS6 we are changing plans for May!
OUR MAY MEETING IS ACTUALLY TWO EVENTS: A PARTY TO CELEBRATE ADOBE'S LAUNCH OF CS6 AND THE D2W CONFERENCE IN KANSAS CITY.
We're putting together a celebration of the launch of CS6 and the Creative Cloud. Details are still being worked out, but we have a date for your calendar: it's Wednesday night, May 16, 2012. Of all the things we don't have locked in yet, we DO know these things:
- It's going to be a party!
- There will be food!
- There will be prizes and giveaways!
- There will be multiple user groups from Kansas City and beyond who are joining us!
- You won't go hungry!
- You won't be thirsty!
- You might win a really BIG prize!
We are still sorting out location options for the party, but we have definitely planned to piggyback on the wealth of speakers who are coming to Kansas City for the D2W Conference which begins on that day at the Marriott on the Country Club Plaza.
At D2W, you can learn the latest web and mobile strategies, HTML5, CSS3, Mobile Design, UX techniques, Android, iOS, WordPress, Gaming, jQuery, InDesign for iPad, Adobe Edge, Fireworks and so much more from speakers who are not only leaders in their industry, but have often actually written the book on their subject. We have Lynda.com authors and staff, Adobe Evangelists, and regional experts at D2W this year, all ready to show you the latest workflow between applications, designers and developers.
- During the day Wednesday, May 16, is a "pre-conference" full day of workshops/hands-on classes (several four-hour classes, listed on the website).
- That night — Wednesday — is the CS6 Launch Party.
- Thursday and Friday, May 17-18, are the days of the actualD2W conference.
- The launch party will likely be in a location OTHER than the Plaza Marriott. We're working on that!
Here's where it gets fun...
We've just gotten permission to offer an INCREDIBLE discount to you, the loyal members of KCDesignCore and the other KC user groups. How does a $50 ticket sound?You read that right...fifty bucks...there no missing zeroes here. We really want to fill the conference rooms at D2W, by rewarding enthusiastic Kansas City group members who have spent many evenings participating in our User Group activities...so yes, you can register for D2W and use the discount code "KCCoreGroups"to get the $50 rate. We want to be good hosts for the people who are coming from all over the country (and the world) to be here for this conference.
- Shhhhh...please keep it confidential, though -- this discount code is for our Kansas City ADOBE USER GROUP MEMBERS ONLY and is not for the general public!
Although the speakers list is subject to change, here's what we're working on so far:
Day 1: Thursday, May 17
Registration: 8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
8:30 – 9:30 Keynote Session
9:45 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
10:55 a.m. - 11:55 a.m.
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. Birds of a Feather/Lunch with the Speakers
1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
2:10 p.m. – 3:10 p.m.
3:20 p.m. – 4:20 p.m.
- Dave Hogue - Understanding Complexity, Designing for Simplicity
- Ben Stucki - DAIO - The Parts that Overlap?
4:30 p.m.– 5:30 p.m. Ad Hoc Workflows Panel - General session
Panel by James Polanco, Doug Winnie, Dave Hogue, Val Head, Jon Campos, Aaron Pedersen.
Day 2: Friday, May 18th
8:45 – 9:45 a.m.
9:55 a.m. – 10:55 a.m.
11:05 a.m. - 12:05 p.m.
- April Clark - CS6 workflow for designers
- Kai Koenig - AngularJS for developers and designers
- Jeff Stone – Native Applications vs HTML5
12:15 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. |BOF Lunch
1:15 p.m. -2:15 p.m.
2:25 p.m. -3:25 p.m.
3:35 p.m. – 4:35 p.m.
- Pariah Burke - The Wild, Wild West of Digital Publishing
- Doug Winnie - "What the #$@& Do I Do Now?"
- Jason Salge - Complexities of native mobile development
4:35 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Giveaways, wrap-up conference