"This Earth Day, celebrate the planet we live on with good food and great people. Everyone's invited"
The Lewisboro Sustainability Committee and Katonah Green invite you to a community celebration of Earth Day.
FOOD + FUN + MUSIC
Sustainable Foods Potluck Picnic. Bring a dish to share.
* Eat Smart * Eat Local * Eat Sustainably
* Eat Green * Eat Out
We'll use the Slow Food principles of good, clean, fair food for this event, as well as make it a zero waste picnic. That means:
- do your best to use food that is grown sustainably, local, and is clean (organic, whether certified or not).
- bring your own reuseable cutlery, plates, cups, bowls, and serving ware; cloth napkins. NO DISPOSABLES PLS
- Know where your food comes from!
It's inspiring when people share what they'll be bringing, or post here to ask for ideas.
Since it's Earth Day, let's celebrate vegetarianism for this picnic, so we can perhaps inspire a move towards a plant-based diet. Need recipe or menu ideas? Post a message on the Lewisboro Sustainability Committee's Facebook page or the Katonah Green Facebook page and ask. You'll be sure to get lots of great responses!
Bring your voice, your instruments, your drums, your song books. It'll be open-jam style before and after dinner.
Break bread with some new planet-loving neighbors, meet some people who are doing some great local environmental work, network, chat, laugh, relax and enjoy the company!
If you represent or are a member of another environmental or conservation group, please let us know when you RSVP!
There will be some organized children's activities. Bring frisbees and non-electronic games.
The Cyrus Russell Community House is located at 779 ROUTE 35 Cross River, NY directly across the road from Yellow Monkey Village. There is a kitchen if you need to warm up a dish or get water. There is also a bathroom (hooray!)
We need volunteers to bring the following items:
- 3 picnic tables
- silverware (yes, the real kind!)
- water pitchers
- outdoor grill
- cut flowers (wild or from your own yard please!)
- table decorations and table clothes
Volunteers needed for:
- Set up crew (arrive 3:45 pm)
- Break down and clean up crew
Please indicate in your reply if you can volunteer, and thank you!
LIMITED TO 50 attendees so sign up quickly and if you can't come, please unregister so other people can take your spot.