Welcome to Kew Gardens Hiking! Acknowledgment of Participant Responsibility, Express Assumption of Risk, and Release of Liability
We are a group of regular and new hikers that meet every week for a fun, socializing and a refreshing walk through the nature trails of Forest Park, other parks, other neighborhoods, and places of interest. They are led by our experienced assistant organizers.
1. By joining this group, you agree that you participate in our events at your own risk and agree that the organizers are not responsible for anything unfortunate that may happen during our hikes. We require that all Hikers sign a waiver (called the Acknowledgment of Participant Responsibility, Express Assumption of Risk, and Release of Liability) at the start of each event. You can read the waiver below.
2. Out of respect and courtesy to our group, we expect all members to follow our rules:
- Please RSVP to our hikes.
- Please arrive on time.
- Please change your RSVP if you can no longer attend a hike. -
3. This Meetup group was created to include enthusiastic hikers that will maintain a positive social decorum while we enjoy our hikes together. The organizers reserve the right to remove any members we feel do not meet this criteria.
I understand that during my participation in this Kew Gardens Hiking Meetup Group Event, I may be exposed to a variety of hazards and risks, foreseen and unforeseen, which are inherent in each Outing and cannot be eliminated without destroying the unique character of the Event. These inherent risks include, but are not limited to, the dangers of serious personal injury, property damage, and death (“Injuries and Damages”) from exposure to the hazards of travel and the Kew Gardens Hiking Meetup Group and its leaders and assistant leaders (“Leaders”) has not tried to contradict or minimize my understanding of these risks. I know that Injuries and Damages can occur by natural causes or activities of other persons, animals, street crime, vehicles, Meetup members, Leaders, either as a result of negligence or because of other reasons. I understand that risks of such Injuries and Damages are involved in adventure travel such as Kew Gardens Hiking Meetup Group Events, and I appreciate that I may have to exercise extra care for my own person and others around me in the face of such hazards. I further understand that on this Event there may not be rescue or medical facilities or expertise necessary to deal with the Injuries and Damages to which I may be exposed.
In consideration for my acceptance as a participant in this Event, and the services and amenities to be provided by the Kew Gardens Hiking Meetup Group in connection with the Event, I confirm my understanding that:
* The leaders can not and do not conduct effective head counts, and participants do get lost, and I accept that if that happens the responsibility will be mine, and I am competent to find my own way home in that case.
* The Event officially begins at the location designated on the Meetup website, and ends anytime and anywhere the leader announces it is over, or at the restaurant if the event ends in a meal.
* If I decide to leave early and not to complete the Event as planned, I assume all risks inherent in my decision to leave and waive all liability against the Kew Gardens Hiking Meetup Group and its Leaders. Likewise, if the Event has concluded, and I decide to go on without the leader, I assume all risks inherent in my decision to go forward and waive all liability against the Kew Gardens Hiking Meetup Group and its Leaders from that decision.
* This Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by law. If any provision or any part of any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or legally unenforceable for any reason, the remeainder of this Agreement shall not be affected thereby and shall remain valid and fully enforceable.
* To the fullest extent allowed by law, I agree to WAIVE, DISCHARGE CLAIMS, AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY the Kew Gardens Hiking Meetup Group and its Leaders from any and all liability on account of, or in any way resulting from Injuries and Damages, even if caused by negligence of the Kew Gardens Hiking Meetup Group or its Leaders, in any way connected with this Event. I further agree to HOLD HARMLESS the Kew Gardens Hiking Meetup Group and its Leaders from any claims, damages, injuries or losses caused by my own negligence while a participant on the outing. I understand and intend that this assumption of risk and release is binding upon my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, and includes any minors accompanying me on the Event.
I have read this document in its entirety and I freely and voluntarily assume all risks of such Injuries and Damages and notwithstanding such risks, I agree to participate in the Event.