This group has no single organizer. This group of Knoxville Outdoor Adventure Addicts is Co-Organized by a group. We choose to work together as a team to make this an awesome group for everyone to enjoy. You can feel safe when attending events with us, we have people certified CPR and first aid should the need arise.
OUR MISSION : We are an East Tennessee based outdoors group here for the fun and enjoyment of all members. We welcome all members input and feedback for future events posted. Member participation is encouraged.
PLEASE CONSIDER THAT BY SIGNING UP FOR ANY ACTIVITY IN OUR GROUP YOU ARE RELEASING THE GROUP FROM ANY LIABILITY - READ RELEASE HERE.
OUR GUIDELINES -- PLEASE READ:
Our group requires you maintain a current, easily recognizable face profile photo that is clear, close, face forward, and have only one person in the photo - YOU! This way we can identify each other at meetups and it's easier to learn names.
• ATTENDANCE AND LATENESS POLICY: We wait 15 minutes for late attendees that have already signed up for an event.
• WE CERTAINLY DON'T LIKE TO CHANGE OR CANCEL OUR GREAT TRIPS! BUT ... The organizer of an event decides if a trip needs to be changed, delayed, postponed or outright canceled -- we'll try to let others know as soon as possible -- but events can be canceled anytime, right up to the scheduled day and time. Weather is by far the most common reason for event changes, delays and cancellations. It is the Organizer's right to change, delay, cancel, or if possible, arrange for a new Organizer. We'll almost never cancel an event outright, but just postpone it to another time. After signing up to an event, check back to our knoxoutdoors.com site often for updates to the event.
• RULES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING RULES! The only one rule we do have is that, when on events, you use common courtesy towards others.
The Ugly Stuff:
- We are a private group to protect our members.
- We do require a profile photo of your face so we can recognize you at events.
- We ask that members stay active in the group by at least coming out once every 90 days.
- If you cannot make it to a meetup change your RSVP. 3 No shows or last minute cancels make you eligible for removal. It's a bummer but there are a lot of flakes on meetup and we want to focus on those that frequent the group and show up.
• BUT… PLEASE READ YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU!! Ultimately, you are the leader of your own adventure experience. Know your own capabilities, as any participation in group events is “at your own risk”. By signing up for an event, you agree to take responsibility for yourself and any guest(s) you may bring. There are no “liability waivers” or other written agreements to sign. By signing up for an event, you agree to forgo the right to exercise legal action in the event that you and/or your guest(s) are injured at one of the events.
• NEED MORE INFO? Send one of the organizers your questions if the event post did not provide the information you need.
• WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES. If you see something wrong in a trip posting, please contact the Organizer of the event. If YOU make a mistake, please don't blame us! When something goes wrong on a trip -- as in rare cases they do -- as a group, we'll build our capability, knowledge and character by acknowledging what went wrong, accepting culpability and building new wisdom for future hikes. We do this by working together! Send us your constructive suggestions and ideas about how we can improve our events ... considering our guidelines, bearing in mind, as hard as we try ... we may not be able to please everyone.
• PLEASE BE KIND ... This is an all-volunteer group, and the planning and organizing of events often takes a great deal of donated time. Ideas and suggestions are warmly received and promptly acted on – complaints and insults are actively rejected. Send along your thoughts empathetically, considering the “read between the lines” nature of email and message board entries. Feel free to write often, but carefully and with kindness toward others. Rudeness, arrogance and snarkiness won't be tolerated. Thanks for understanding!!!
• DON'T DO IT FOR THE PATCH ... DO IT FOR THE PASSION. Everyone sets goals; you'll reach yours. You may never "climb them all" -- there are always more challenges to challenge you. It is in the spirit of attacking life's endless challenges that our group was formed. Ask yourself – what are you really going to do with that patch when it arrives in the mail?
The Great Smoky Mountains Website: http://www.nps.gov/gr...
Big South Fork: http://www.nps.gov/bi...