LA Single Boomers Message Board › New Meetup: Autumn Dinner Dance Party

New Meetup: Autumn Dinner Dance Party

Fred G.
user 9839772
Group Organizer
Tarzana, CA
Announcing a new Meetup for LA Single Boomers!

What: Autumn Dinner Dance Party

When: Sunday, October 3, 2010 5:00 PM

Price: $20.00 per person

Where: Fred Gansky's Home
4145 Nogales Dr
Tarzana, CA 91356
818-342-3311

To follow up on our tremendously successful Labor Day Weekend Party, we’ve planned another party at my home, 4145 Nogales Dr., Tarzana, CA 91356 for Sunday, October 3. Just in case the weather gets cooler at night, we’ve scheduled it for 5:00 PM.

Hopefully, we’ll have just as enthusiastic a turnout as we did on September 5 when over 185 people attended. Most people told me it was the best party that we have ever had. We saw lots of new faces who came from referrals and numerous groups.

Things went exceptionally well, and a great deal of that was because of my wonderful supporting staff, including my good friends Steve Mintz, who did an incredible job on the barbecue, and Shelly Dubow who warmly greeted everyone at the front. Shelly also was kind enough to take photographs and put together a collage of pictures from the party in a very artistic form. Copy and paste the following link into your browser to see it. http://www.youtube.co...­

Headlining our entertainment will be one of our favorite groups, The Sidetracks Trio. Those who were at our July 4th Weekend party will remember them well. Sidetracks has played for several other singles organizations and numerous restaurants in the area. They are great to listen or dance to.

We’ll make a few changes in our food lineup, substituting chicken apple sausages for hot dogs. We’ll come back with hamburgers and substitute barbecued chicken for teriyaki chicken. We’ll again have a green salad with vegetables, potato salad, a pasta salad, and another vegetarian dish. We’ll add a fruit punch and lemonade, cans of soda and bottled water. And, of course, we’ll have a variety of individually portioned desserts.

We’ll again bring the party to you for only $20 prepaid ($25 at the door). Many people have asked me how we can do this so inexpensively. It’s not easy. But, in these difficult times we recognize, more than ever, how important it is to offer a good value and pleasant experience. After five years of putting on these parties, I’ve learned how to buy right. Also, at my house parties, we prepare most of the food fresh on premises the day of the parties with our own labor. This gives us the flexibility to offer an unparalleled value.

A lot of people are heeding my message to plan early and prepay for the event. This assures them of a spot irrespective of how many people want to pay at the door. For the Labor Day Weekend Party 135 paid in advance, leaving room for only 65 at the door (We’ll continue to close reservations at 200 for your comfort and security). As it turned out 50 people paid at the door….only 15 away from our limit.

So, with a little more than three weeks to go before the event, see if you can look at your calendars and reserve your spot as soon as possible. You can pay here, or by sending a check to Harkitt Corporation at 4145 Nogales Dr, Tarzana, CA 91356, or calling me at 818-342-3311 so that I can take your credit card information personally.

RSVP to this Meetup:
http://www.meetup.com...­