The Los Angeles Trance Meetup Group Message Board › Where to wear rave-wear?

Where to wear rave-wear?

Ali F
user 22930681
Torrance, CA
Post #: 1
What venues/locations/artists/events is it appropriate to wear rave-wear? When/where is it not? Sometimes it's clearly ok to dress up, like for festivals, or certain underground raves, but what about smaller shows?

A friend and I wore tutus to Porter Robinson/Zedd at Avalon, and it seemed we were the only ones dressed like that. Other girls were wearing club-wear and heels(!?!); we even got called sluts for our outfits. Another time at Awakening at Exchange LA (Ferry Corsten) there were quite a few people dressed "ravey" even though most were still wearing typical club stuff.

So I'm planning on going to Adventure Club at Sutra in Costa Mesa on March 30th. I know this isn't a meetup for this group since it's not exactly trance but I didn't know where else to ask! Adventure Club is kinda broey- but the venue has TONS of EDM artists that I think would attract more rave/PLUR type folks. Do you think we'd get shit for wearing ravey stuff? Or other costumey outfits?

And besides this, are there any general guidelines to figure out when it is and isn't ok to wear rave stuff?
rAnDy
user 5014696
Long Beach, CA
Post #: 190
haha, nice post' but from the past event I been to mostly rave a lot of girls wear what they want. But as for club goes, it's usually casual wear. Hope this help! cool
Sam L
user 42961262
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 17
Suggest checking the dress code of each club...but in general it seems at most local clubs, it's club wear. Sutra is a small venue and mostly casual to dressy from what I've seen in the past.