Saturdays starting February 15 From 2 – 3:30pm
At Ripley-Grier Studios, 520 8th Avenue, 16th Floor
Have you ever wondered if you could do a particular move or moves the way a dancer you admire can? Latin Express is designed to take you there. I've been working on a new class that puts all dancers in their own express lane to achieve their personal best.
Using Salsa and other Latin/International rhythms and working with my own techniques from years of teaching and study, I believe all of you will be able to learn specific movements and combinations usually reserved for 'advanced dancers and performers.' Through repetition and variation, the format will target core movements and fundamental techniques of movement reinforced with a lot of practice and tailored instruction. In the 90-minute class, we'll be moving 100% of the time with 60-70% of that to music. If that sounds like the express lane to fitness and better dancing, it is. If it sounds like a way to feel your own body express itself through music - it's that too.
This class is for dance students of all genres and levels who are comfortable within a dance class environment.
LOTS OF BENEFITS:
• Learn cool moves.
• Learn to use your body's full range of movement, from the core out.
• Improve balance, coordination and basic technique without losing your own "flavor."
• Layering core technique with variations (all taught in a logical order in class), you learn ways to spice up basic steps as much or as little as you want, and climb up the dance ladder at a pace that makes sense for you and your body.
• Using your arms, hips, legs and extended range of movement, your body get's a workout that just feels like DANCE to best of Salsa, cha-cha and other great rhythms:)
• Practice seeing yourself EXPRESSing movement that matches how you feel the music:)
• Remove the "limitations" of your dance, one joyful step at a time!
• NO high impact – get a dance workout, and be kind to your body, too.
• Learn to be aware of your body to avoid injury and also how to adjust to your body if you have been dancing with injury. (Always speak to me ahead of time if you're concerned with a chronic injury, as I may advise you not to do particular movements, or not do particular classes altogether, based on the focus for that week.)
See you all in class!!
PS- From now through March 15, the class is $15, no matter what. For future LDE classes, the payment structure will start at $20 - then, the more people sign up the better (15 or more) the price will go back down to $15 again:)