Laid Back Lively Ladies of the Front Range Message Board › Exploring Community: Where to Meet

Exploring Community: Where to Meet

Deanna
lunarsongbird
Group Organizer
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 105
Hi Ladies-

Where in the Pikes Peak Region have you wanted to visit, but never have gotten around to it? Let us know and we'll go scope it out!
Victoria K S.
Savvy_Suzy
Fountain, CO
Post #: 71
Adams Mountain Cafe. Did they change location? Their hours were wonky and so I missed out.

There's a place on Circle called the Dragon's Lair I've been curious about but wouldn't go in alone.

40 Thieves, a Hookah lounge on Academy, where it splits. I've never been to a Hookah lounge anyway.

I'm looking for someplace that plays old rock n roll, like from the 80's or older? I mean, with a dance floor. [And gal pals to go with, so I have backup to avoid any insistent but unwanted advances. I don't mind dancing without a partner or with a gal, but other men are out until my husband is there to chaperon.]

Thunder and Buttons. I think they have a comedy jam.
Isn't there another comedy club, too? That sounds like fun. I think Stargazer's sometimes hosts stand-up comediennes.

Squeaks, perhaps with a card game?

a pub quiet enough to hear each other so we can have a racy game of scrabble

The billiards museum at Citadel Mall. Any other pool hall others can suggest. Perhaps the Corner Pocket, in Fountain.

Any BookCrossing (.org) junctions.

a pet-friendly sidewalk cafe on a sunny day

Alice-in-Wonderland Park, where ever that is (some Briargate residential community, I think) for a photo shoot in the big chair

wading at the circular fountain in America the Beautiful Park

walking the Woodland Park trail in Old Colorado Springs

A former member
Post #: 1
Wow, you know Springs a lot better than I do (which is one of the reasons this group sounds so appealing to me, so yay)! Personally, I don't like dancing, so I'd prefer not to do that. However, I love cards and group games, cafes/pubs, animals, and being hilariously childish, so pretty much anything else on that list is good for me. =)
Edy K.
user 111010612
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 1
Speaking of being hilariously childish -- I think it'd be fun to go to The North Pole. We could wander around, go on rides, see Santa, do some shopping, and chit-chat all at an easy- going pace. Christmas is coming. What better to go?
Inez F.
user 146946132
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 2
The Wobbly Olive on the east side is a fun place for food and drinks. The Martinis and cocktails are the best in town. They won best of the springs in 6 categories this year and is also nominated in the Gazette for best new restaurant.