addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Lafayette Star Trek Meetup Group Message Board › STARFLEET Day @ Stennis!

STARFLEET Day @ Stennis!

Trisha
Pirate_Baroness
Baton Rouge, LA
I'm forwarding this from the organizer of the Away Mission..

Please distribute widely)
As announced several months ago, the USS Haise has arranged for a STARFLEET Day at the new Infinity Science Center in Bay St. Louis/Hancock County, MS.  Infinity is just behind the new Visitor's Center and across the highway from the entrance to Stennis Space Center.  A special group rate of $5 per person is being offered.  We invite any STARFLEET members, their family and friends to join us for an away mission that will be "out of this world!"

Plans are to begin our adventure at 11:00 am.  The center is open until 4:00 pm.  Upon arrival, please go to the cafe and pre-order your lunch.  We have been asked to do this to ensure adequate supply of what you would like to eat.  There is a variety of sandwiches, soup/gumbo, salads, and occasional specials like pasta dishes.

We would like to get a big group picture for the CQ and noon seems to be the best time and opportunity to do so (before lunch break).  The main staircase comes to mind as a good spot so we can see everyone in the picture.

We have been given approval to wear uniforms or other Star Trek apparal and I encourage you all to do so (makes a better picture).  We also have alerted the local media and with luck with have one or more photographers/videographers come.

If you have any questions, please let me know.  My cell number is 601-331-5426 in case you need it.
The USS Haise is expecting 10 members to drive down (it's nearly four hours for us).  If you can give me an advance head-count per chapter that would be helpful.
If you need any local directions or assistance with where to go and how to get there, Mike and Tiffany Brown of the USS Neptune are our local contacts.
Fred Haise said he will make every effort to be there so we hope you all will get to meet him.
As Buzz Lightyear would say "To Infinity and Beyond!"
Lucy
Edward
PirateGent
Group Organizer
Baton Rouge, LA
Post #: 36
FYI - several of us will be in uniform for pictures! Looking forward to meeting our Lafayette friends!