Laid Back Board Gamers Message Board › A few announcements from Casual Board Game Players.

A few announcements from Casual Board Game Players.

Dave "Jacksmack" ...
user 8299534
Group Organizer
Carpentersville, IL
Hello everyone! This is a kinda long email with a lot of new information in it so if you just scan it please at least read the bold and underlined bits.

If you don't know me I'm Dave­, I haven't had an opportunity to meet everyone who has joined the group yet but I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone at one of the upcoming meetups!

I have several things I would like to update you on...

Weekly Tuesday Night Game Nights in July!

We have been meeting on Thursdays and we have had a lot of fun. We checked and there are several other groups that meet on Thursdays so we are trying out a new weekly Tuesday format!

We will still be having the Bi-Weekly Thursday meetups but if Tuesdays work better for the majority of the group we might switch it over. If not then we can give Mondays a shot in August, until we find something that works for the group.

Group members can organize their own meetups!

Are you having trouble making it out to a meetup? Suggest a meetup, or contact Dave if you are interested in hosting a meetup in another location! We know we have members all over the place and if you are wanting to host a meetup near you on a day that doesn't conflict with a pre-existing meetup we will post it and hopefully several members will be able to come.

If you organize a few successful meetups you can become an assistant organizer and easily run parts of the group yourself!

The meetup page has been overhauled and looks snazzy now!

I put in a little time and customized the look of the meetup page a bit more. I think it looks more "gamey" so I hope you like it. If there is any problems with it let me know.

We have a few rules now that we have had a few successful and unsuccessful meetups.

While we would hope that we wouldn't need to set up rules for this group we have had a few issues that made members uncomfortable so we have a few rules that we want to let everyone know about.

Rule 1. Don't be argumentative when it comes to the game choices. Not every game is going to be your cup of tea but ruining a game that others are learning or enjoying will not be tolerated. Being grumpy and disruptive until we play the game you want to play will result in you being asked to stop participating or leave.

Rule 2: Be hygienic and don't wear excessive amounts of perfume or cologne. This should be fairly routine for most people, but we need to put it out there because we have had attendees who have to put it nicely... Smelled a bit funky. No one should be expected to sit next to someone who smells bad for 2 hours or more, so please be kind to those around you when it comes to how you prepare for the meetup.

Rule 3: If you want to play a game that is in the library, give us AT LEAST 24 HOURS NOTICE. We can't read your mind and know you want to play a certain game. We might or might not bring it. If you let us know you want to play it you have a MUCH higher chance of us actually bringing it. Even with 24 hours notice we can't guarantee the game will be available but we will do our best.

For now that is all of our rules for official meetups. Nothing to extreme, just be nice to other members because we all just want to have fun.

! hope to see you soon at one of our meetups!

Dave Fulton

http://www.meetup.com/Board-and-Card-Game-Players/members/8299534/­