Thanks again for your support at the end of 2013 as this group transitioned into new ownership. We're looking forward to a fruitful 2014 where we distinguish ourselves as a group focused on web strategy and innovative topics.
On January 23rd, we're lucky to have David Hayes, a computer science teacher at Lane Tech High School in Chicago, come to present. This is a perfect opportunity to bring you all up to speed on the State of Education in Computer Science.
If you're looking to teach, blog, get involved in online education, or otherwise educate folks on technology, you'll love this speech!
David will cover the following topics:
• A broad overview of computer science at Lane Tech - what courses they offer, a look into his colleagues, and goals for the students.
• A deep dive into the different programs in place at Lane Tech, including programming, game development, networking, and web design.
• A specific look at how to put together a curriculum for a Computer Science or Web Development course.
• A review of the tools David uses in his courses and how he stays current.
• A look at the future of Comp Sci in all high schools and what that means for the future of our field.
This all goes down at 7:30pm in the back room at the Holiday Club. We'll be there at 6:30pm for networking and food, so come early if you can. See you there!