Hey Everyone! This is Pine!
Shlomo is on vacation this month so I'm stealing the August slot to organize a meetup in Chinese~ So the topic details below are also in Chinese, but in general we will have Shiwei, founder of testelf.com, talk about his startup experience. TestElf is doing black-box testing service, located in Wuhan, Hubei, but serving companies oversea, it's now serving hundreds of companies without any outside funding. So this talk should be very interesting!
1. This time we go to a new place: Ocean Bar (Former Cedar's), at 3 Gongti Xilu: http://j.map.baidu.com/Qhx-A
Yes I even changed the place
2. We need a volunteer to print out the name tags and come early to register people. If you can help please let me know.
3. The bar owner provides the place for free so please buy more drinks to support his kindness. Appreciate it!
4. SPONSORS - we are still looking for sponsors for the group. Please send me a message on this as well if you are interesting in supporting up.
See you on 21st!
我们有 TestElf 的创始人宋师伟来分享一下他在武汉创立服务海外企业的经历。下面是他的介绍：
我叫宋师伟，是TestElf（www.testelf.com）的创始人。我7岁去美国，在旧金山长大。本科在Carnegie Mellon University，研究生在Stanford University，都是学Computer Science。我2012年回国，回国前在Palantir Technologies工作，负责开发金融数据分析软件。本科期间我曾在苹果公司实习，参加了OS X Leopard的开发。
Our agenda should be as follows:
7:00pm - Registration 7:15PM - Opening + Co-founders search pitch
7:30PM - Shiwei: Huhan startup serving oversea market
8:10PM - Network, Mingle and find new partners.
A new place: Ocean Bar, 3 Gongti Xilu
• Co-founders pitch
I see that many people in the group are looking for Co-founders or hire. Search no more!
On the beginning of the meetup people who are looking for Co-founders will pitch their name, what kind of startup it is (only one sentence!) and which type of Co-founder you are looking for. Later on you can connect with the people interested.
• Meetup Weixin /WeChat group
We now have a 3rd WeChat group and it's limited (for now) to 100 people to join in. It's a system limitation WeChat have. I want to give a chance to people who show up to join the group first. So download Weixin and come and scan the group QR code when you enter.
This group is to ask for help, or advice, or if you are looking someone to connect you to somebody It can be a great platform to use.
• Finding a Co-founder - Founder2be.com is a great platform to find a co-founder and go through this hard stage. It's used all around the world and there are 100s of co-founders in China already. Check them out!