Learn HTML5 meetup + General Assembly
There are over one million Google searches each day by people asking what HTML5 is. Join us at this meetup to learn a short history of HTML5, what's new, and what comes next. We'll discuss the following:
- The development of HTML and why HTML5 is so different
- The roles of WHATWG and W3C, and the browser vendors with regard to what HTML5 features are available to developers today
- Best practices for choosing when to use HTML5 and how to handle simultaneously supporting older browsers
- The challenges faced creating responsive web applications that behave like a native app and works across mulitple platforms
- How we can use APIs today, what features are available to us now, and discuss what changes to the APIs will be necessary for HTML5 to replace flash for video and audio
The Eventbrite registration page is here:
*Ticket sales will go towards the GA Developer Fund.
Sankho Maillk is a web developer specializing in front end coding. Along with being part time faculty at Parsons, he has worked for agencies in the past and currently freelances. Sankho has worked for clients of all sizes including Ralph Lauren, Fluid, Under Armour, Pepsi, Hodinkee, and more. In projects, he continuously integrates features from HTML5 and CSS3 as browsers become more competent, and takes care to deliver a single codebase capable of handling as many devices (desktops, tablets, phones, etc) as possible.
Use the hashtag #LearnHTML5 to ask follow-up questions and continue the conversation.
Can't make it? Sign up at http://generalassemb.ly to stay in the loop on future events and classes.