This is an introductory workshop for iOS development, which will introduce you to everything needed to start building iOS applications. Note that if you do not have any existing object-oriented programming experience, then this is probably not the best workshop for you.
• The workshop will be 6 hours of hands-on development from 10 am to 4 pm with breakfast, lunch and coffee provided.
• There will be four follow up sessions on Thursdays from 7-9 pm on 4/24, 5/1, 5/8, and 5/15. In the follow up sessions, we'll continue building mini-projects as well as guide you through building a project you choose.
• You don't need to know Objective-C, and you don't need to be a professional programmer. However, it's very helpful if you already know an object-oriented programming language like Java/Ruby/Python.
• To apply for this workshop + 4 week series, fill out a quick 5 minute survey.
• If you are a professional software developer looking for a more accelerated bootcamp, you should apply for our 8 week evening bootcamp instead.
The most effective way to learn iOS is just to dive in. Each topic will be briefly covered in a few minutes of lecture and accompanied by several hands-on exercises. Through the course of the day, we will build several applications.
• 5 Hours of Lecture with Online Materials
• Class Exercises with Source Code
• Catered Breakfast & Lunch
• Complimentary Coffee & Snacks
• Wifi & Power Provided
• XCode 5.1 (Free install in the Mac App Store)
• Your Laptop with OS X Mountain Lion or above
• Administrator rights on your machine
Email us at [masked] if you have any questions. Look forward to seeing you all there!