Let the Fur Fly - Omaha Siberian Huskies Message Board › Need some advice for kenneling my husky.

Need some advice for kenneling my husky.

Maria G.
user 80852492
Omaha, NE
Post #: 1
I just got a new one year old husky, Casey, and he is so smart and well behaved. I have another dog in the household, a german shepard mix, and they get along great (there is a occasional fight). We were strongly recommened at the humane society that we should keep them seperate by kenneling him while no one is at home, and also so Casey can't get into things. I feel so bad leaving him in there all day. He is in our room with tv on and the door is closed, so Bella won't antagonize him. I left a couple couple chew toys and a frozen peanut butter in a kong in the kennel with him. I work 8 hour days, but I am worried that he will start acting up since I did put him in the kennel. I do let him out on my lunch hour, so he is not in there for the full 8 hours What do I do if he does do that, and how long should I keep him in the kennel? Please help, my boyfriend thinks I am overreacting about this, but I would hate be in a kennel for 8 hours.