addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

~ Take A Hike ~ Message Board › New Meetup: Thunder Canyon Falls

New Meetup: Thunder Canyon Falls

A former member
Announcing a new Meetup for ~ Take A Hike ~!

What: Thunder Canyon Falls

When: Saturday, July 17, 2010 7:00 AM

Where: Thunder Canyon Falls
Upper Buffalo Wilderness
Erbie, AR

I know this is short notice, but the upper Buffalo has received ~ 5 inches of rain over the past week, so Thunder Canyon Falls should be running nicely. Who wants to go this Saturday?

TC Falls are a hidden gem not far from Erbie on the upper Buffalo River. One of the descriptions of the place I've read is that the falls are so magical you can almost hear the elves laughing. I agree.

I'd like to organize a hike there this coming Sunday, June 27. The hike to the falls and back is a relatively easy ~ 4 miles round trip with several creek crossings (We could add another couple of miles to the hike and explore one of the caves in the area if people are up for it). Actually getting to the falls is a bit dicey though. The canyon is VERY, VERY slippery. I made the mistake of trying to work my way behind the falls and slid right into the torrent.

Vehicle wise, getting to the trailhead requires significant 4x4 muscle and ground clearance; fording the river or taking the extremely rough route down from Compton. I'll take my Excursion which can comfortably haul 6 people from Springfield. We'd need to get an early start, preferably leaving Springfield by 7:00 AM.

RSVP to this Meetup:
http://www.meetup.com...­
Ashley M P.
user 12452712
Springfield, MO
Post #: 1
Hey there....I think it sounds like a great idea.... I have no idea where that is and what should I bring?

Ashley