Thank you for checking out the Lexington Playgroup Meetup! The Lexington Playgroup Meetup (LPM) was started in July 2006, by a wonderful mama who put the wheels in motion to something that she never imagined would grow so quickly into a group of over 100 Lexington area families!
Our group, at this time, is really geared towards children ages 5 and under, but we do have a few "big kids" too. As we grow, and so do our kids, this may change, but we currently cater most of our events to pre-schoolers and younger. We welcome families from all walks of life in the Lexington and surrounding areas (we have members in Georgetown, Versailles, Nicholasville, and Richmond currently). Whether you are a stay at home mom (or DAD!!) or if you work part or full-time outside of the home, you are welcome to check us out, and we hope you will. About half of our members are full-time work-outside-the-home parents, so we try to offer a great selection of Evening and Weekend events to go with our Weekday events. The purpose of our group is to get out and MEET other families in the area with children. We ensure that purpose with an attendance commitment by all of our members to attend at least one playgroup event per month. Our group is entirely member-driven, so our events vary from day-to-day and week-to-week, but the calendar is always jam-packed with great events and awesome opportunities to get out and meet other families and to explore the central Kentucky area!
There are so many cool things about LPM:
- Our members! We have such an amazing group of families! Honestly, they are.
- Our very active message board -especially useful for brand-new parents and brand-new Lexingtonians.
- We're on Facebook too!
- The LPM Food Fairies program - now in its 5th year, this is a service to our member families when they welcome a new baby or other major family event (ie surgery, adoption, sickness, etc)
- Moms Night Outs (MNOs), Dads Night Outs, and Couples Nights. We have lots of the first and we'd LOVE to have more of the other two!
- Philanthropy events. We are dedicated to helping charities that focus on children and families!
We know this is a lot of information to take in, so please email us if you have any questions about LPM! Check us out, we're trying to make this parenthood journey fun! If you like what you see so far, Join Us!
Proud to be
** By applying for and accepting membership into the Lexington Playgroup Meetup, you have AGREED to adhere our Policies and Guidelines (aka: the Rules!) http://www.meetup.com/Lexington-Playgroup-Meetup/pages/Guidelines/
We have put these together for the safety and well-being of our members and their children, and for the best interests of LPM. This especially includes the safety of our children, every member is responsible for their own child.**
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.