**Please note: the start time has been revised to 11:50 AM **
Wheat Ridge resident and Walk2Connect Community Program Director, Rachel Hultin, is co-hosting FREE one hour walks in Wheat Ridge every Thursday (beginning 11/7). We will meet in the parking lot at Kataluma Chai (38th & Upham) where participants can grab a coffee/tea before or after the walk.
The walks will be relaxed one-hour loops through Wheat Ridge at a conversational pace. These trips exist to provide a fun, easy-going, communal and social on-foot experience and are a great way to meet other 'daily' walking friends nearby.
Walk2Connect is hoping to host more and more FREE walking trips like this for neighborhoods throughout the metro area. Please get in touch with us if you are interested in leading one in your hood ([masked]).
- Mileage: 2-3
- Difficulty: Easy
- Terrain: (Urban/Residential) Mixed sidewalks and street.
- Schedule & Meeting Location: We will meet at 11:50 AM in front of Kataluma Chai and we'll talk through Walk2Connect goals, answer any questions and to lightly warm up. If you are going to get coffee please plan to show up at least 15 minutes early as we will leave NO LATER than noon. We should be done walking no later than 1:00 PM. You can of course leave early if you need to!
- Parking: There is street parking and parking for Kataluma Chai.
- Cost: FREE!
- Dog Friendly! We will be doing a loop going back to our starting location. (Please be sure you are confident he/she can handle 2-3 miles and cooler temps when walking in Fall and Winter)
- Weather: We are in the Fall season, so please come prepared with enough layers and/or waterproof gear in case we do run into cooler weather or rain.
- Breaks, Restrooms: Depending on the walk, there may not be restrooms other than those at Kataluma Chai so please plan to use restroom before you leave home OR before the walk at Kataluma Chai.
- Walk2Connect is a full-time business and we're excited about ALL of our walking opportunities. Please sign-up for our emails and check back to our trip schedule on our main website for other walking trips on the calendar. You can also follow us on Facebook.
- Comfortable socks & shoes (pref. NON cotton socks!)
- Light backpack w/water and snack foods (almonds, bars, fruit)
- Gloves, scarf, beanie
- Sunglasses & Sunscreen (and hat if you wear them)
- Bring many (thinner) layers depending on anticipated temperature and light rain gear just in case. I would avoid big/bulky winter coats as you will warm up once we walk and its way easier to shed/store light clothing.
These walks are very informal and give us all unique opportunities to connect with one another, ourselves and our surroundings.
Feel free to contact me at if you have any questions: [masked] or (303)[masked]