Living Writer ~ Global & Local Writing Community Message Board › Call-In information for Living Writer Discussion Conference, Thurs Feb 6, 7pmCST

Call-In information for Living Writer Discussion Conference, Thurs Feb 6, 7pmCST

Ferol H.
FerolHumphrey
Group Organizer
Forest Hills, NY
Hello, everyone~ It's Ferol Humphrey, your Organizer!

I want to welcome you all to Living Writer, and thank you for being so enthusiastic!
Our 1st Meetup by phone will be a great chance for us to hear each other's voices and share our feelings, thoughts, and experiences about writing, whether we have writing experience or not. Those who just wish to listen but are too shy to share in the discussion will be able to participate too.

Here are some tips for having your best experience:

~~ Plan to Call-In at around 6:55pm CST, five minutes early. I will take attendance and ask each of you if you wish to share or just listen silently, and we will check audio to make sure we can hear each other well.  Free Conferencing runs a top notch service, so audio should not be a problem.

~~ Plan to set aside time for the call so that you will not be interrupted or distracted by roommates, neighbors, kids, cats, and dogs, if that is possible.  You will have a better experience if you can really listen and laugh.

~~ If you have a headset, or a bluetooth earpiece, please use it. I ask you not to hold a cell phone against your head for the entire call.  It is fine to use skype, speakerphone, land lines, whatever you have that keeps your head safe and healthy. You need your head!

~~ If you have trouble getting into the call, try it 2 or 3 times~ occasionally there is a "rush hour" for Call-Ins.  I have had this happen occasionally, but you should succeed with a few tries. Trouble getting in is unusual.

Okay!  Talk to you soon! I look forward to this.  I think we will have a lot of fun, and perhaps start a journey together toward a richer, fuller life of creative expression.

Warmly,
Ferol

Ferol H.
FerolHumphrey
Group Organizer
Forest Hills, NY
Post #: 3,803
Once you have RSVP'd YES for the Meetup, you will receive an email from me which includes the Call-In information. Just RSVP and wait for your email.

Please note that I will probably not be able to respond to those who RSVP less than two hours prior to the call.

Ferol H.
FerolHumphrey
Group Organizer
Forest Hills, NY
Post #: 3,804
We had 6 members RSVPd for this Meetup. One changed their RSVP to No on the day of the Meetup, and 3 members just didn't show up. I chalked it up to weather conditions, as it was snowing in Dallas and surrounds. However, when members RSVP I do plan a presentation and reserve time in my schedule, so I ask that in the future those who do not plan to attend take the time to let me know. Metups live and die by the RSVPs, so if you value the Meetup, please value its Organizer as well, by keeping me in the loop.

I met with Imron, and we had a great hour-long conversation, which was recorded.

This was a very interesting and fruitful meeting of Living Writer. Many people were unable to attend due to weather conditions in their area, but we will have another opportunity on the 1st Thursday in March, when we discuss Motivators & Demotivators.

Imron, of Los Angeles California USA, is writing a graphic novel with a successful illustrator who is involved in other projects in Imron's professional life. We shared about our history and experience with writing, and how each different type of writing felt to us, internally and creatively.

Imron shared about his history with many, many different types of writing since childhood and Intermediate School, both directed by the educational system and his own father, and how that felt to him compared to what he experiences now with different forms of writing. He said that for him it is not so much about Process and Goal as it is an open creative flow. That is exactly what I was hoping to hear about!

I shared about my expository writing effort of right now, where I am getting the form and substance of my teaching processes down on paper so that people can access the basic philosophy and drive behind my effective teaching engines in different disciplines. I also spoke about my history in screenplays and fairy tales, as well as our shared experience with comic book writing and reading at different ages as we grew up. It was great! I felt like writing when the Discussion Conference was over, and Imron said that what he is taking away from this Meetup is a renewed energy for the writing itself.

Join us in March when we gather again!