London Alternative Drinks: Film, Comics, Music, Sci-fi, etc Message Board › MUSIC – Recommendations, Favourites, Requests, and D’you remember that band?

MUSIC – Recommendations, Favourites, Requests, and D’you remember that band? (And Just Whatever...)

Tim B.
user 23082701
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 7
Post here to recommend stuff that people ought to be loving, favourite tunes that you'd like to hear at one of the nights, and just anything else music related that's a bit Alternative... (or even those guilty pleasures that just need to be shared)
Tim B.
user 23082701
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 8
Now I’m not guaranteeing requests but if you pitch the recommend in here and I’ve got it, you may well be hearing it. Of course you have to come along to hear it, so if you’re a regular there’s a bit more chance. It’ll all happen over time anyways, but if other folk endorse your recommends, I’m at least going to check it out, if not get a copy myself; and if I’ve got a copy, in all likelihood, in it goes.

(Just on that score, and responding to a few things raised, the playlists are generally better-known alternative music, and crowd-pleasers; I’m neither here to impose my (or anyone else’s) more obscure tastes on people in the name of ‘being alternative’. If it was alternative or indie when it came out, it’s fair game and should be in the library.)
A former member
Post #: 1
This discussion thread looked lonely so I've cobbled together a Youtube playlist of tunes that have been rattling around my head lately.

http://www.youtube.co...­

I'm always looking to find new music to listen to, so I'd love to see some other people's Youtube or Spotify playlists :-)
A former member
Post #: 2
Any chance you can get any Skunk Anansie on the playlist? The latest album would be fab, but any would do.