London Folk Music Meetup Group Message Board › Anyone in 20s / 30s want to go to folk/world gigs in London?

Anyone in 20s / 30s want to go to folk/world gigs in London?

Christopher C.
user 13526145
New York, NY
Post #: 1
Hello, I'm 30 and enjoy making the most of living in London. Despite feeling like I know half of the population of London I still find it really difficult to find people to come to folk and world music gigs with me! As I'm missing 'Spider' John Koerner tonight due to being Billy-no-mates and having no one to go with, I thought it was time to do something about it. I'll come to some of the upcoming meetups, but I'm especially keen to meet some people on the younger side who might be interested in coming to gigs with me. To give an indication of what I'm into, I'm keen on some upcoming gigs by Quercus (June Tabor et al), Moussu T e lei jovent, Reem Kelani, Ray Cooper, Marquis Toliver, Sam Amidon, Lisa Knapp, the Handsome Family and Phillip Henry & Hannah Martin. Beyond that, I'm generally into music, culture and clubbing (although it seems like ages since I have been to a club!), supporting environmental causes and gay rights (I have a partner, Owen, who gets dragged to lots of gigs but can't do them all!), and writing (I'm a contributor to fRoots magazine). My Facebook page is at www.facebook.com/christopherconder.