London Futurists Message Board London Futurists General Discussion Forum › Moving forward with the group

Moving forward with the group

Steve L.
user 16188801
London, GB
Post #: 2
As indicated in a long email circulated to members as its new organiser, I seek feedback on how people would like the group to develop. Therefore, if anybody else has any suggestions, they will be gratefully received in anticipation of a follow up email in about two weeks' time.

Meanwhile, over a dozen members have expressed interest in a meetup on nootropics. Does anybody know of a suitably authoritative speaker on this subject who would volunteer their time to catalyse an interesting meetup? Alternatively, might members expressing an interest in this subject be able to use these meetup resources to push ahead a 'side meeting' on their own?

As has been kindly suggested, depending on timings, small meetups could be arranged for the cafe area of the British Library or at the top of Waterstones in Piccadilly (Hopefully we will soon develop a stream of future events for such venues.).

London Futurists are however a 'broad grouping' and I suspect that those interested in nootropics might be more interested in a pub (Apologies if I am wrong). Various pubs will hold aside private bars etc. for meetings on quiet nights on the understanding that at least so much will be spent by the group. The Albion in Blackfriars will for example do this on a Monday or Tuesday evening for a promised spend of £100 - or of course, you could just turn up.

We would all welcome onto these discussion boards more ideas for future venues, speakers and topics. We could also benefit from everybody feeding news on other potentially relevant events Some members might even be able to open and develop interesting, insightful and hopefully even fun threads on assorted futures issues.

Thank you everybody that has fed back ideas already and lets all try to get these boards much more active in the coming weeks.