London Historical Fiction Book Group Message Board › London Historical Fiction Book Group: "The Bone Thief" meetup - next Monday

London Historical Fiction Book Group: "The Bone Thief" meetup - next Monday

Justin
user 7750145
Group Organizer
London, GB
Hi everyone

Monday's meetup

Just a quick message going out to everyone who has so far said that they're coming to our meetup this coming Monday evening (22 April) to discuss "The Bone Thief". Looking forward to seeing you all then.

Could I please ask you to keep your attendance status up to date. So if you find you're unable to attend at any point between now and then, please change your status so that the count on the site is an as-accurate-as-possible indication of how many people are actually going to turn up. I would like to update the venue on how many we will be on the night so that they accommodate us appropriately.

Depending on the numbers, we may have to split up into two, or even three, smaller groups for discussion, as last time, so that the conversation is manageable and everyone is able to take their fair share in the discussion.

Chairing the discussion

If anyone is interested in chairing a discussion, either for this meetup or a future one, please let me know. I'm more than happy to take a back seat!

Having a social?

I was also wondering if anyone would be interested in us having the occasional meetup just for a social. No book needing to be read - but just a chance for us to have a drink, chat about historical ficion in general if anyone wants but also to just get to know each other better. Let me know what you think, either by email or on Monday evening. Depending on the interest, I'm happy to schedule something - it could be at the same bar or another venue.

That's it. See you all on Monday.

Justin