London Indie RPG Meetup Group Message Board › New pitch system - trialling December's meetup

New pitch system - trialling December's meetup

Stephanie J.
user 4717625
Kingston Upon Thames, GB
Post #: 14
If you've already read this on UKRP, you'll be very bored reading this again. Fair warning :p
If you haven't ... hello! Ignore this paragraph. Unless you want to visit it on UKRP.

As some of you know, a group of us have been talking about trialling a new pitch system at the next Indiemeet.

If you're coming along, please do look at the sheet, fill one in ahead of time or be ready to fill one out next Saturday.

THE SYSTEM

Step 1:
Attached is a form detailing the basic pitch for your game.What's the name of the facilitator? How many players are you looking for? What's the title of the game? And a few sentences on theme, style and system. You can either fill in the form/any scrap of paper, email me (UKRP or meetup), or just come along and fill in a slip before the meetup. There will be pens and paper available.

* Note: I inadvertently forgot to note on the form whether the number of players were including the facilitator or not. Unless specified otherwise, I would assume these to be 'additional' players, as the facilitator rarely raises their hand to indicate interest in their own game.

Step 2:
At the start of pitching, one 'designated pitcher' will go through all the slips. At this phase, if anybody has extra questions about the games that aren't covered on the slips, they would call them out at that point and the game's facilitator would respond.

Step 3:
The pitcher would go through the titles of the games so that people could raise their hands to indicate interest in the game. This is not a definite "Yes", but rather an "I could be into that ..." - it is hoped this will show what games there is serious weight behind at a session.

Step 4:
Then it's just normal - people move for the games they want. Based on Step 3, it helps if the facilitators of the games with the most hands up try and do some initial shepherding