addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

London Indie RPG Meetup Group Message Board › Geasa (in case you don't watch UKRP)

Geasa (in case you don't watch UKRP)

w00hoo
user 7263534
London, GB
Post #: 5
Just a sneaky pre-pitch really :-)

I picked up Geasa from the 'Games Mick Red has discarded' pile and will be pitching it for the first session (for some reason I keep thinking of it as the morning session but as it doesn't start until 12:30 that seems somehow wrong!) on Saturday.

It's a GMless game which attempts to create a fairy story feel. I've managed to find the creator and have chatted with him a bit about running it and been presumptious to talk about hacking it a little before even rolling a die.

The players play normal people who start off having made a deal with a Fae over some bit of their life that is going wrong. RAW you also all play a Fae (which is basically an idea of some description rather than specifically a little fella with wings) but I'm going to drop that for a more Inspectres/Remember Tomorrow style idea of co creating a couple of Fae who are then put in the middle and it's open season on anyone who wants to play them. The people make deals with the Fae, the Fae use (sometimes quite brutally) the people they have power over to do their bidding. It all probably ends in tears.

The setting is decided as part of the character creation thrash out but I will be suggesting we either go for Modern Urban or Victorian London and will probably push the latter the most if people aren't sure.

I don't pitch often and when I asked about this on Story Games pretty much nobody knew anything about it. It was a small run Kickstarter last year from what I gather. So if you want to get your niche on and give it a go this may be your only chance! (Have I made it sound Hipster enough yet?)

I'd prefer to answer questions over on UKRP (http://www.ukroleplay...­) but if you don't go there, I'll try and keep an eye on here until Saturday...