London Indie RPG Meetup Group Message Board › Any volunteers to facilitate games?

Any volunteers to facilitate games?

Grant H.
Grant_Howitt
Norwich, GB
Post #: 1
I'd love to play Dogs in the Vineyard or Fiasco. I can also run Wushu, which is a bit less about maintaining relationships and difficult choices and a bit more jumping sideways firing fully automatic weapons. Look forward to seeing you guys there!
A former member
Post #: 6
I ::heart:: Dogs in the Vineyard something fierce and just ran three corking, hopeful sessions of it at IndieCon.

So sure, I can run it on the day if folks are up for it.
The M.
The_Magus
Colchester, GB
Post #: 19
I'm gagging for a game of Dogs. I've tried with the incomprehensible rulebook but to no avail. IndiePete - show me the way to awesomeness.

Piers
Roger Juan Alessan...
user 13302825
Histon, GB
Post #: 3

I'm a new face on the block: I am interested in Cold City/Hot War action. Perhaps at the next meet in Nov?

Happy to run a Cold City scenario if you like.

Is is anything like Hot War in terms of rules mechanics, character gen, etc. I have the Hot War PDF, you see. I've read most of it (well, about half so far).

Another game I am interested in (after playing a demo at a con) is Starblazer Adventures. I also have the PDF of this, though haven't made much way with it yet

The M.
The_Magus
Colchester, GB
Post #: 20
Hi Roger

Sorry to be so vague. Yes, Cold City is related to Hot War - both were written by Malcolm Craig. Attributes are similar, Agendas and Traits operate in a similar way, although in Cold City you have two Agendas to play. Cold City is set in 1950s Berlin. The players play characters from different allied nations policing the city for remnants of the Nazi occult. Some of the characters will want to accumulate occult technology, others want to destroy it, you might get to kill zombies and monsters.

There us a lot of overlap between CC and HW. If you want have a read of Chapter 4 of the HW rulebook. That is a pretty good explanations of Cold City. What is important to get your head round is conflict resolution as the rules describe it. If you have that mindset then you'll feel very at home. CC has a Trust mechanic that I largely ignore as it is clunky getting it into play in my experience. Others may disagree.

Don't worry about bringing a character - for a 4 hour slot I'll bring pregens