London IVC Activities & Social Club Message Board › Tell me what you want what you really really want ...

Tell me what you want what you really really want ...

A former member
Dear, dear folks at the London IVC Meetup.

This Meetup is not really pinging as it could be.

Though I have enjoyed organising the last few Meetups, and they have gone ahead and have been enjoyable (I need to write some of them up)there are 379 of you and if I work out that about less than 4 of you had attended from this site that means that about 1/100 of you were interested!

So what do you really really want ? I have been organising events for various reasons, mostly because of my particular interests. The question is - what would you want? What sort of events or even things do you want from this Meetup, when do you want them, and is it a question of who organises it?

Answers on a postcard please! Sorry we don't do that anymore, do we? So it's answers on this forum. Or direct to my email - if you want to be really outrageous, controversial, or confidential, on forestepping@yahoo.co.uk headed "What I really really want from IVC".

Do you know what - we might end up actually doing it! And if it is too outrageous for the main London IVC, I might get it organised separately!

Some thoughts: More weekends away that are not centred just on walking; more events where food is provided free; events to do with resolving people's single status or loneliness, more fun events involving playing games or just playing. And you?
silvia
user 14366960
London, GB
Post #: 1
HI David, I think that simply there are so MANY Meetups groups and it's quite difficult to prevail. You have many "competitors"! Your Meetup group just needs time to "ping up". smile and you may let enter in the administration somewhere else, to be more effective in the organisation & advertisement. People who are not interested, they possibly could better leave the group, instead of not take part in the events at all... Or, which is worst, giving up the trips one day before them! :) Apart from that, I wanto to thank you again for the pleasant day at Chatham. Marina and I were very happy to take part in the tour and the place is really, really interesting! A presto! Silvia