Github is probably the worlds most popular developer resource for sharing code collaboratively. However, many developers haven't had the opportunity to get going with Git yet.
So this is a beginners workshop to give you practice and confidence using git. If you have not used git very much and are unsure what clients to use, how to work with git log, git status and multiple repositories, then this is the workshop for you.
For those who already are comfortable cloning and forking projects, I plan to create a more advanced course in the coming weeks. This workshop is purely for beginners.
Please bring a laptop with you to this event. There will not be a slide presentation, this event is purely practical
6pm - find the 10Gen office on 2nd floor
6.30pm - workshop starts
By the end of this workshop you should have:
* git command line / graphical tool set up on your laptop
* understanding staging, committing and pushing changes
* working with git status and git log to manage changes
* experience using github for new repos as well as forking & cloning
* managing multiple repositories easily with git log
* working with pull request
* using github organisations
This workshop is focused on using git as a developer and will not be diving under the covers of git, or covering any implementation details.