"Java Performance Tuning Workshop" with Ben Evans/Martijn Verburg
Xebia UK is pleased to announce that it is organizing its very first performance tuning workshop with Ben Evans and Martijn Verburg.
18:30 - Introduction:
Brief introduction by Luc Legardeur, President of Xebia.
18:40 - Workshop Presentation:
The aim of the workshop is to conduct a performance audit on a Java web application. You will have all the necessary tools to deploy and to load test the application locally on your laptops. Ben and Martijn will be there to guide you through the analysis and onto fixing the issue itself.
Java Consultants, developers, anyone with Java experience interested in performance testing.
Why you should attend:
Over 90% of people who have attended our performance tuning course have had past performance issues with an application in production. Many of them readily admit that solving the problem can take up to 3 months. Searching for the problem can cost a company between £10000 and £50000 along with service interruptions and client dissatisfaction.
This performance tuning evening with Ben Evans and Martijn Verburg will show you that a scientific approach is possible and that you can identify and solve some of these performance issues quickly.
Organisation and pre-requisites:
* You will need to bring your laptop with you.
* Participants will work in pairs.
* Each team needs to have on Workstation with JDK 1.6.0 installed
* You will be given all of the necessary tools to deploy and to load test the application locally on your laptops.
* Presentation of the application
* Demonstrations of the deployment of JMeter scenarios
* Everybody will audit the performance, identify bugs and offer proposed corrections
* Audit demonstration by Ben/Martijn
20:00 - 21:00 Beer/Pizzas!
Directions: Please visit this link for venue location information - http://www.regus.com/locations/GB/London/LondonTrafalgarSquare.htm
-10 minute taxi or tube ride from Victoria Station.
-Two minute walk from Charing Cross Station for Bakerloo, Jubilee and Northern lines and for main line services.
-Take the Strand exit out of the station and turn left towards Whitehall.
-Northumberland Avenue is the first turning on the left.
-10 minute taxi or tube ride from Waterloo Station.