Longmont Euchre generally meets on Saturday night once a month. We have several people who host so the location changes from month-to-month from Longmont to Westminster. The host usually provides a light main dish and soda, tea or some type of beverage as well as plates, tableware, etc. Everyone else brings a dish to share and any adult beverage you might want to drink. So the evening starts with a great pot luck--sometimes it's hard to know whether the main attraction is the euchre or the feast! We usually play 4 games, switching partners at the end of each game
We have a few ground rules to keep everything running smoothly:
1. Beginners are welcome at the October, January, April and July meetings. Although the group is non-competitive, the vast majority of our members are intermediate to advanced players, and people like the game to move along.
2. It's important to honor your RSVP. We need to play in groups of four, so when someone doesn't show up, we end up having to rotate out players. Also, we almost often have a waiting list, and timely RSVP updates give anyone who is on a waiting list a chance to know when a spot opens up. So, although it may seem a little draconian, we have a one strike no-show policy--if you drop out without updating your RSVP status by noon on game day, you will be barred from attending future events. (Of course, if you come down with malaria or something, we can make an exception--just please drop us an email so we know what happened.) As a corollary to this rule, we would also ask that you do not bring guests for whom you have not RSVP'd.
3. We had to think about this one, but we feel that non-playing guests should not be permitted. This is purely because we usually have a full house--more people at that point begin to make it feel a little cramped!
4. The waiting list is supposed to be "first-come, first-served." Managing it has been a little tricky at times, so if you are able to sign up accidentally ahead of several other people, please be prepared for us to move you back down the list. (For example, Meetup skips over couples on the waiting list to fill in singles who signed up later unless two spots open up at once. )
5. We would be grateful if attendees would consider dropping a couple of bucks each into the donation jar, primarily to pay for the cost of the Meetup Site.
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About Longmont Euchre||September 23, 2013 2:31 PM||anonymous|