addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

TinkerMill: The Longmont Makerspace Message Board › Tuesday night board elections and proxy process

Tuesday night board elections and proxy process

Scott C.
scottconverse
Longmont, CO
We have a board seat open we need to fill.
We will be voting at this Tuesday's member meeting (10/29/13) at TinkerMill around 7pm.

Only dues paying members in good standing can vote.  If you're not yet a paying member but would like to vote, come a little early and we'll get you signed up with a membership.
If you are unable to attend, send your vote (One Membership: One vote, per the by-laws) to BOTH me (scott.converse@gmail.com) and Chris Yoder, our Sergeant at Arms (chris.yoder@gmail.com) NO LATER THAN 7PM Tuesday the 29th of October.  He and I will be checking our email for your vote up until 7pm, but no later. He and I will then reconcile each vote with each other to ensure a proper count from remote members voting via email.
Please include your full name in the body of the email, along with your (single) vote for (only) one of the candidates listed below.  Be sure to send it to both Chris and I or your vote won't be counted.
The candidates are (alphabetically):
Trent Baker
Allison Fletcher
Doug Hines
Lee Sutherland
Following are their bio's and statements on why they'd like to be considered for the Board of Directors.  Most of them should also be at the meeting on Tuesday and will be available to talk to before we finalize vote.  Please read all of them before voting.
Trent Baker:
I would like to serve on the board as I really want to belong to something bigger than myself.  I strongly feel that organizations like the TinkerMill serve the communities they're in in ways we can't measure.  I really enjoy our member base, their diversity, their heady projects and the vision they project.  I want to help the vision that makes the TinkerMill exciting and successful remain stable, yet be flexible with the ever changing growth we'll experience and the intellect we'll attract.  I see even more potential and what good this will bring to it's members, the general public, and possible technology entrepreneurs.  I firmly believe in what we are doing as a maker/hacker space and want to help develop it from a 'club' or 'background' organization to a mainstream learning and research think tank that major backers and corporations come to for talent, solutions and innovations.  I love the projects, the enthusiasm, and the collaboration.  I see it being the organization that the next Intel, Facebook, Google, EA Gaming or Lego corporation is born from.  This place is Awesome and it's becoming a part of my soul that I love sharing with anyone who will listen to me about it.
Overview of my background:  It's very Diverse. Though born in Longmont, I started in rural Nebraska and have been paying my social security taxes since I was 11.  I've worked in factories, dairies, as a janitor, delivery driver, junk yard retriever, rendering works road worker, and in corporate IT departments.  I have my CISSP certification, ITIL Foundations v3 certification and a really old MCSE from the late '90s.  I also have Autobody skill sets, though I haven't used those in over 25 years.  I'm naturally curious about people, I love helping others succeed, and enjoy the leadership role.  My Corporate IT career has been going on for the past 18 years and I have spent 8 of those years in a leadership role.  I'm very skilled at technology projects and seeing them to completion by keeping the team members focused on each task and goal. I could go on, but I believe this is enough and would be surprised if anyone reads to the end of this. ;-)  Thanks for considering me for this board member position, I hope to do our members proud and look forward to helping them in every way I can.

Allison Fletcher:
I, Ally Fletcher aka the Tool master, would like to serve on the board because I wish to be more involved with the tinkermill, since I basically live at the tinkermill.

Background and Interests
I am a textiles person, but I am always eager to learn new things and develop/sharpen my skills. I am always willing to put my best foot forward in things I take on.
Short, sweet, to the point.

Doug Hines:
would like to be considered for the Board of Directors position. I would like to serve in that capacity because I want to help nurture and grow the group from it's good start into a great community presence. I am thouroughly convinced that the hackerspace concept is the wave of the future. I want to help make our organization a place that my kids will be able to bring their kids.

I have been a small business owner here in Longmont for 20 years and am familiar with local city officials and other organizations. My interests are woodworking, gardening, photography, cooking and making. I bring a non-technical background to the group and believe that will help to diversify the makeup of the board and balance the direction in which we grow.

Lee Sutherland:
I'd like to be given the opportunity to serve on the Tinkermill Board of Directors. I think the Tinkermill can fill a permanent role for education, personal and professional technical development, and community activity in the arts and sciences.
My 'day job' background is in engineering consumer, industrial, scientific, aerospace, and other products. But I do a lot of unrelated tinkering myself off the clock, and am active in a wood, metal, and automotive shop at home. I also enjoy gardening, beekeeping, and hope to develop a wet lab. I have a lot of interests that I share with many of those involved with the Tinkermill, and am really impressed by the groups in the TM that are focused on the arts- I would like to develop and anchor a capable, active, sustainable community space that would invite and promote community arts AND sciences, both technical and non-technical. I hope to foster an environment of collaboration by supporting member-driven projects.
I'd also like to continue the involvement of the TM with opportunities outside- tours of businesses and facilities, competitions, schools participation, and collaborations with other regional groups. TM is a busy place at times, and I think we can grow membership to make it a remarkably active space.