You are invited to a panel event discussing Bitcoin and the massive opportunities it presents to the Silicon Beach/Los Angeles startup community.
The future of money is here.
Bitcoin is on a global rampage to disrupt and transform money as we know it. With the total Bitcoin marketplace now reaching $1.5 billion and accelerating with double-digit growth month over month, Bitcoin is entering into the next stage of the adoption curve in a big way. As the US government slowly legitimizes Bitcoin as an alternative currency, investors are diving in, and it has opened the floodgates of new opportunities for entrepreneurs.
Meanwhile, over the last several years, Los Angeles has built up a vibrant startup scene filled with incredibly talented developers, designers, marketers, investors, accelerators and entrepreneurs.
At this panel event, we'll be introducing Bitcoin to the broader Silicon Beach startup community and discussing the many opportunities that exist in the Bitcoin ecosystem for entrepreneurs and makers. Let's make Los Angeles the Bitcoin capital of the world!
Food and drinks are graciously provided by our sponsor BitPay.
Special panel guests include:
• Tony Gallippi (CEO and founder of BitPay - the largest Bitcoin merchant processor)
• Vinny Lingham (CEO and cofounder of Gyft - a mobile gift card company which just raised $5MM in Series A and gives Bitcoiners a way to spend their coins at major retailers)
• Travis Skweres (CEO and founder of CoinMKT.com - a recently launched Bitcoin exchange)
• Paige Freeman (Vice President of Sales for BitPay)
• Micah Winkelspecht (CTO of Guide Financial and Bitcoin enthusiast)
• BitPay - The largest merchant payment provider of Bitcoin, and recently reached the significant milestone of signing up over 10,000 merchants to accept Bitcoin.
• DogTown Media - Tech consultations and support for those interested in app development.