bela
user 2967963
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 7
As you all probably know the 44th president Obama was sworn in today. As part of the changeover the whitehouse.gov website was revamped and the Contact Us link lets you leave messages for the new president. I left the following note myself and tell other to leave notes letting him know how much Prop 8 needs to be overturned in our state. I think the more our voices is heard both by the state, government and world the more likely change is to happen. He has given the people a opportunity to be heard, lets take advantage of it!

Congratulations. Per your speech, and I quote "the God-given promise that all are equal, all are free, and all deserve a chance to pursue their full measure of happiness." please overturn Proposition 8 banning gay marriage in California, and allow gay marriage for all the entire US. I should have the equal chance to marry my fiance as my coworker just married his girlfriend, and I deserve the same full measure of happiness that he has. Thank you!
A former member
Post #: 53
Feel free to add..."We welcome inclusion of all religions and non-religions including the pagan
religions of the native americans, hawaiians (sp), buddhists, animists, voodoo and hoodooists, druids,
wiccans, neo-egyptians, shinto, new agers, and others who believe in creating an America and
world of happiness and less suffering for all where all are free to believe and practice our faiths
in peace without the threat of violence and where conflicts between those of differing faiths
are resolved through peaceful dialogue.."

It is important to remember Obama's speech mentioned the following religions and belief systems:
-Christianity
-Islam
-Judism
-Hinduism
-and non-believers

At least one pagan, panthesist religion was mentioned so it is a start.