Low Light and Long Exposure Photography Message Board › Suggested locations for long exposures

Suggested locations for long exposures

Katherine D.
user 26163582
Richmond, BC
Post #: 9
Hi all,

I wanted to start a discussion of locations that people know of or have heard of that are great for doing low light (or not) long exposures.

I'm always looking for new spots to shoot around the lower mainland, and would love to hear back from anyone for ideas.

Some areas I have done some long exposures are Crescent Beach in White Rock, Whytecliff Park in West Vancouver, Spanish Banks in Vancouver, of course Stanley Park, and many Fraser River spots around Richmond.

I have some places earmarked as "to do", but would love to hear from others. Maybe one location will make up a photowalk some day as well.

Cheers,

Katherine
Anthony M.
anthonymaw
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 20
One of my favorite places is the area under the Lions Gate Bridge on the north shore with it's view of the bridge, downtown and Georgia Strait. It's gated off now and sometimes muddy so you will have to park and walk a short distance and best visited at low tide. Many famous postcard photos of the Lions Gate Bridge have been taken from the tidal flats.
Gerry H.
user 26187932
Abbotsford, BC
Post #: 13
1. Portside Park at the north end of Main St. Closer to summer you should get the sunset behind Canada Place, Stanley Park and the city skyline. I've lived in the area for 40 years and only discovered this park this past year.
2. Granville Island/False Creek is colourful at dusk.
3. I've shot sunset off the Cambie St bridge across False Creek, and the Hastings St bridge would probably work as well. Getting a bit of height provides a different perspective.
4. Up Cyprus Bowl there's a great spot overlooking the city and harbour.