For the third time, the annual crossing of the Lake of Lucerne takes place on Sunday, August 18. For details, please check here:
Sorry, the page is in German, so for those of you that are not so familiar with German here in a nutshell:
- The route goes from Strandbad Lido (close to the museum of transportation) to the Strandbad Tribschen.
- There are 2 categories you can choose, swimming and SUP (Stand Up Paddling)
- The swimming distance is 1.1 km, and the SUP-distance is 2.5 km. You have to make the distance in max. 45 min because then the cruise ships will run again in the area.
- For SUP, you can rent a board, please announce this when you sign in.
- Participation fee for adults is CHF 30. That includes: a one-day vbl bus ticket Lucerne, entrance fee to both Lidos, rescue service, a bathing cap, lunch in Tribschen, transportation service for your belongings from Lido to Tribschen, and you can check out stuff in Tribschen during the "Aquaplausch".
- Please sign in individually (go to "Anmeldung" on the webpage). It's limited to max. 400 swimmer and 100 SUP.
So we will meet at the Strandbad Lido, and when we have made it to the other side of the Lake, we can hang out in the Strandbad Tribschen as long as we want!
I participated the last 2 times, it was real fun and challenging (for me :-) and the weather and water were always perfect, not to speak about the Swiss-organization!
Note that this is not a race and open to anyone who can make it in the given timeframe. No problem, as we have 2 months time left to get ready for this event ;-)
Looking forward to see you there!