|Sent on:||Monday, December 31, 2012 4:43 PM|
As we look at the beginning of a new year, I wanted to share some exciting and really cool developments about Madison Traditional Gaming with you.
- 3rd Saturdays at Hawthorne Library for 2013. For the past three years, we've bounced between different Madison Public Library branches, because of library general policies. However, the Hawthorne branch librarians have decided to adopt Madison Traditional Gaming as a sponsored group - so we will be meeting there every third Saturday in 2013. Make sure to thank the library staff when you come to game!
- Your humble organizer was interviewed with Ron Edwards! Some of you may have heard of Ron Edwards, the "grey eminence" of the Indie RPG movement and The Forge. Some of you may have heard of The Walking Eye, a great podcast about gaming from Kevin Weiser and friends. But I suspect that most of you did not know about this recent micro-brush with fame for yours truly. I had an interesting time talking with Ron and Kevin about games, gaming, and the OSR. Check out Part One and Part Two.
- MTG now has between 150 and 200 Adventurers! Between the nearly 150 adventurers on Meetup, plus the 78 on Facebook, we've now got a LOT of people who are interested in Old School role-playing games. On average, we see about 12-18 gamers on Tuesday nights, and a similar number on 3rd Saturdays.
- Special events are being planned for 2013. We're beginning to talk about the National Gaming in Libraries' International Games Day, as well as GaryCon V, and the possibility of a Traditional Gaming Day in the summer. What would YOU like to become involved in?
In the midst of all of this, there are other activities to pay attention to:
- Forge Midwest in the Spring.
- The twice-a-year Gaming Hoopla in Janesville.
- Midwinter Gaming Convention in Milwaukee.
I hope you have a wonderful New Year's Eve and New Year's Day and keep gaming!
Madison Traditional Gaming organizer
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by Victor Raymond ([address removed]) from Madison Traditional Gaming.
To learn more about Victor Raymond, visit his/her member profile
To unsubscribe from special announcements from your Organizer(s), click here
Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York 10163-4668 | [address removed]