Mannaheim Kindred is not affiliated with the Ásatrú Alliance, Ásatrú Folk Assembly or The Troth.
- We aim to be accepting of anyone who can ascribe to and demonstrate a willingness to pursue the following Tribal Values:
- We gladly accept LGBTs, non-heathen family members, piskatarians, vegetarians, Soy / Gluten-free folk and well behaved children.
- Our monthly rituals are instructive and focus on the Northern Mystery Tradition, the Elder Futhark Runes, the Heathen Liturgical Calendar, the Poetic and Prose Eddas, as well as the Northern (Germanic, Norwegian, and Scandinavian) Myths and Deities.
- Our rituals are "participatory" in that readings are distributed among everyone who attends and we are always looking for strong readers.
- We take pride in the fact that the group makes the mead used for our Sumbels and Blots from prime ingredients such as artisan water; raw, unfiltered local honey; organic fruit and common culinary herbs and spices.
- We generally try to remember to announce the flavor / ingredients before Sumbel to alert anyone who might be sensitive, for example, to strawberries.
- In addition to the traditional three round Sumbel, we also share a meal together. Please come prepared with a side dish that will feed about 15 people (the average number of participants).
- Being a Meetup Member does not automatically make you a member of Mannaheim Kindred. There is a gradual, mutual getting to know period, and you must consistently attend Monthly celebrations for at year before your membership in the Kindred is discussed.