The Maryland/Virginia Jedi Chapter Message Board › Martial arts training

Martial arts training

@kungfubarber
Stantastic
Perry Hall, MD
Post #: 1
Hi Group

I'm interested in getting the group to be a little more involved in the martial arts. I have over 11 years as a instructor and been involved with the martial arts in one form or another since I was 13.

I have been talking to Aimee about hosting a meetup at my house in Perry Hall on the 2nd Sunday of the month. I wanted to get feedback from the group to see what we can do as a group. I have experience in many different disciplines. I'm not offering a belt rank nor am I going to teach you to be the next UFC champ. I'm not an ex military, or experienced street fighter, karate champ, or any buzzwords that sells a dvd training course. I'm just a guy who has a love for the martial arts and have been doing it as a hobby for over 20 years.

I have a fully functional dojo (training hall) in my basement we can train in. If the weather is nice there is a open field right across my house for some outdoor training.

I would like to know if there is anybody who's interested in this but has physical limitations.

For now I would like to keep it as a non weapon training.

Thanks
Stan

Caution this can be a physically demanding activity. If you attend this meetup you assume certain risk of injuries. Not that we are trying to hurt each other, but accidents do happen. By attending you will also agree not to hold me, my house, The Maryland Jedi Order or any of the representatives responsible. If you happen to get injured. I will demonstrate techniques first and YOU must determine if you can do it or not. You will not be forced to do anything you don't want to do. You are also very welcome to attend and not partake in the activities.

But most importantly let's have fun and learn a new skill.
A former member
Post #: 10
Thank you Stan for offering this. I hope that many of us can attend your training sessions.