We've got two stellar presentations to bring in the new year
- James Ladd from Tickbox (@jamesladd) will be presenting Redline Smalltalk, an implementation of Smalltalk for the Java Virtual Machine.
- Marcus Schiesser with a presentation on new features in JavaEE 7 including Websockets and JAX-RS 2.0
James' talk will cover
- Why Smalltalk and why the JVM
- The Parser/Compiler
- Generating Bytecode on the fly.
- A CLI demo / A Web demo
- Current status and future plans
- Contact: http://redline.st [masked] @redline_st
Marcus will cover
- Websocket API (JSR 356)
- JAX-RS 2.0 (JSR 339)
- and demo these and some other new EE7 features as well.
These will take place at our usual Peoplebank home. Level 13, 31 Queen St. See instructions for getting there below.
Shine Technologies will be providing pizza and beers will be provided.
We'll have giveaways from Jetbrains and Packt Publishing too.
Look forward to seeing you there.
About James Ladd:
I have been a Software Developer since 1985, and have used a great many languages. Smalltalk is my favourite language and environment. I enjoy exploring software design and related techniques but enjoy sharing and helping others with this even more.
I'm always up for a chat about software and software design.
About Marcus Schiesser
Marcus is an IT architect with over 10 years experience who has recently arrived all the way from Germany.
He is also the author of an upcoming book about JavaEE 7 - Workshop Java EE 7
The Peoplebank offices are on the south-west corner of Flinders Lane and Queen St. Doors lock at 6pm, but someone from Peoplebank will be downstairs to let people in. If nobody is present to let you in, call [masked] and we will send someone down. We will also be having a raffle; so when you get to Level 13, there will be someone to greet you, give you a nametag and sign you up for the raffle draw. For those who are driving in, there is $10 flat rate after-hours parking on Market St, between Flinders Lane and Flinders St.