Welcome! Melbourne Men's Group is a not for profit organisation incorporated in Victoria.
The purpose of the Melbourne Men’s Group is to enrich the lives of men by:
• promoting authentic, meaningful relationships,
• connecting ‘the head with the heart’, and
• enabling personal growth and wellbeing.
Our patron is Australia’s world renowned author (Manhood, Raising Boys, Raising Girls etc.) family activist, psychologist and honorary Adjunct Professor at the Cairnmillar Institute, Steve Biddulph AM.
About the Men's Group - Video testimonials on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0J6lIUsyf4
Only men know how to be men; and in the safety of other men we have been meeting since 1998.
New members are very welcome. Melbourne Men’s Group meetings are open to any man who wishes to participate. There are no prerequisites for joining, no membership fees and no religious or political affiliations. So feel free to register.
In our experience the men that come to men’s group meetings and related personal development programs are between 18 and 80 years of age, but this does not exclude those younger or older! Please ask if you are unsure.
Meetings are held at twice per month and are located in Abbotsford (2nd Tuesday) and Doncaster (4th Tuesday).
Since 1998, Melbourne Men's Group meetings have involved a Talking Circle as a primary means of interaction and sharing. By participating in the meetings and the talking circle you are able to:
• increase connection
• be listened to and genuinely heard
• feel safe sharing feelings and perspectives
• speak honestly, openly and confidentially without judgement
• develop authentic friendships that are not based on your job, the car you drive or the sporting team you follow!
By joining the Melbourne Men's Group you agree that:
• to the best of your ability, you will speak 'from the heart' and share how you are feeling.
• whoever holds the 'talking stick', holds the floor and everyone else listens.
• you can pass along the 'talking stick' without having to speak in the Talking Circle.
• anything discussed at Melbourne Men's Group meetings remains completely confidential.
• you will not give immediate feedback to a person speaking in the Talking Circle. (Our experience over many years tells us that providing immediate feedback can be a barrier to free, authentic and ongoing sharing as the feedback is often attached to an unconscious ‘judgement’).
• we do not seek to solve issues or otherwise ‘fix’ anyone, because we believe you are not ‘broken’.
• counselling and/or professional advice is not offered nor provided at Melbourne Men's Group meetings.
• feedback from other group members can be sought after the Talking Circle is closed.
We believe it is important for Men to invest in ongoing personal growth to (i) develop self-awareness, take responsibility for our lives and move toward a balanced mature masculinity, and (ii) to be as good as we can be for ourselves and for the people around us.
So, we encourage Men to consider investing in personal development programs including Man’s Inner Journey and other work as a way of deepening insight, self-awareness and growth, and to help contextualise the Melbourne Men's Group experience.
Contributions to cover the cost of the Men’s group meeting facilities, supper, website etc, are requested are greatly appreciated.
© Melbourne Men’s Group Incorporated (No. A0092192U)
Membership is open to everyone
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Tuesday, June 14, 2016 7:30 PM
Tuesday, June 28, 2016 7:30 PM
Tuesday, July 12, 2016 7:30 PM
Tuesday, July 26, 2016 7:30 PM
Tuesday, August 9, 2016 7:30 PM
Tuesday, August 23, 2016 7:30 PM
Tuesday, September 13, 2016 7:30 PM
Tuesday, September 27, 2016 7:30 PM
Tuesday, October 11, 2016 7:30 PM
Tuesday, October 25, 2016 7:30 PM
Friday, November 4, 2016 7:00 PM
Tuesday, November 8, 2016 7:30 PM
Tuesday, November 22, 2016 7:30 PM
Tuesday, December 13, 2016 7:30 PM
Tuesday, December 27, 2016 7:30 PM
Tuesday, January 10, 2017 7:30 PM
Tuesday, January 24, 2017 7:30 PM
Tuesday, February 14, 2017 7:30 PM
Tuesday, February 28, 2017 7:30 PM
Tuesday, March 14, 2017 7:30 PM