addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Melbourne Alternative Crafters Message Board › Change of time for Bend and Snap market stall, and planning ahead.

Change of time for Bend and Snap market stall, and planning ahead.

A former member
Hi folks,

Bend and Snap just let me know that their market on the 16th is now a twilight market! Please note the changes in time - it runs from 3pm to 8pm.

I hope this doesn't discourage anyone, the twilight market is bigger version of the usual Bend and Snap market, with the upstairs space being used as well, and interactive stuff going on so should be a really great market to be at :)

That said, if you've already paid your portion of the stall and are now unable to make it let me know and I'll give you a refund.

Also, only 2 of us were able to make it to the discussion about running the market, so I've cancelled that event, instead we can have the conversation online :) Luckily some of us have done this once so we've got a bit of an idea of what works, but I'd still like it to be a collaborative exercise where everyone gets their say. Things that we'll need to work out are:

- Rostering - if we each do 1.5 hours taking turns to mann the stall it will be much easier for all of us. Please let me know what times you'd prefer to do, and whether there's a system that you'd prefer to go with. We're having Christmas drinks in the same venue at 5pm, so we might have to work out who trots on over for a drink during that time :)

- Last time we had a system where everyone provided a list of the items they are selling, and put stickers on their items to be put on the list when something was sold. Is everyone happy to go with this system again?

- How is everyone planning to display their items? Do you have shelving you'd like to use? Vintage suitcases? Hanging things?

- How should we decorate? Bunting? Signage?

I think that's all. Let me know if you have any particular thoughts or plans. My email addy is laura.smith@hotmail.com.au­ and my phone number is 0407 833 413.

Cheers

Laura

A former member
Post #: 4
Hi Laura and fellow stall-holders. Thought it would be easier for a 'discussion' to reply here.

I'm happy to take the first roster and yes, we'll need to share duties during drinks. I'm doing jewellery for the market and will have quite a few pieces, probably with some variation in price. A list is probably a good idea, along with price stickers, so that everyone knows what to sell things for. I'll provide a list of my items. I'll have two trays, or similar, plus two busts for display. Shouldn't take up too much space. I was thinking that it might be better to go easy on the decoration so as not to distract from the items we're selling. Perhaps a white tablecloth only? Sounds boring but finding a common decoration theme that works with everyone's things could be difficult. I do think a sign displaying our group's name / badge could be a good idea. Not sure if we have a big one? I was also thinking we could have some lollies in a bowl for people to grab? It might attract a bit more foot traffic. I'm happy to bring something individually wrapped. I've also had cards made up and will organise jewellery bags, etc. Is it worth offering gift wrapping? Say, for an extra $1?

Cheers. Diana.

A former member
Post #: 16
Hi Diana
These are some great ideas. I'm going to copy and paste your message into an email to the other people in the group.
We've still got price stickers left over from the last market, so no one will need to buy that stuff, and I've got a clean white cloth that we can use.
I love that you've organised branding and packaging for your items :)
I've got some brown paper and twine if we want to go with minimalist gift wrapping, or did you have something more decorative in mind?
Cheers
Laura
A former member
Post #: 17
Hi Marketeers
Please see below an information email that came from Melissa, the Bend and Snap organiser.

Hi lovelies,

Hope you all have been well and enjoying this wonderful sunshine! Almost halfway though finishing up our gift guides (http://bendandsnapmar...­ + http://bendandsnapmar...­, hope you like them!

Still collecting images for our sneak peek on Facebook (http://www.facebook.c...­) and to finish up the gift guides, please feel free to send any more images if you have already (can you please send them as attachemts rather than links, thank you).

A few housekeeping things:
- bump in to begin strictly from 2:00pm (to be ready to go by 3:00pm) if anybody would like to request a WALL spot please let me know as soon as possible
- it was previously mentioned that the bar would be opened in the gallery, unfortunately this is no longer the case, alcholic drinks can be purchased from the cafe however they are not allowed to be brought into the gallery - food and non-alcoholic drinks are fine though
- we do not have an EFTOS facility, you are welcome to bring your own, otherwise you can direct visitors to the ATM's closeby, 7/11 or Melbourne Central
- we do not have allocated parking, however there will be street parking available in the area
- here is the Facebook event if you would like to spread it about http://www.facebook.c...­

Another thing, we have fully booked the gallery for this Sunday's Twilight Market however we are also utilising the space upstairs for even more stalls if you know of anyone that may be keen, pretty please pass on our email Bendandsnap@getnotorious.com Yay!

And if any of you are free this Saturday you should come visit me and some of the other Bend and Snappers at my baby market The Resurrection Treasure Trove (135 Lygon Street East Brunswick) http://www.facebook.c...­ running from 2:00pm to 6:00pm - here is another gift guide (they are too much fun to write!) http://theresurrectio...­

That's it for now, sorry for all the links and words and lack of spelling and grammatical finesse, but the main thing is have fun! We will be a great afternoon/evening and I am very excited to see/meet you!

Melissa

<3
A former member
Post #: 18
Hi folks, we just got another email from Melissa at Bend and Snap market. Please see below.
Cheers
Laura

Hi all,

Further to this previous email, a few FAQ's
- chairs - we have chairs at the venue, you don't need to bring your own.
- payment - to be made in cash on the day.
- PARKING - street parking in the area is available, you may be able to unload via the rear of the venue (enter via Heape lane - the first laneway on Little Lonsdale Street after Elizabeth Street) HOWEVER it is also occupied by various other venues who utilise the space for similar purposes so NO parking is permitted in the laneway and please be mindful that there are 30+ stall holders, not necessarily all unloading from the back - though several may be.
- our address is 361 Little Lonsdale Street MELBOURNE.

Another note, we do have stalls upstairs as well and we will have appropriate signage, but please try to take time to check out upstairs (let me know if you may need a minder for your stall, I will be there to help out, plus our gallery assistant Trish and events intern Elisha for any help if you need a little break), please make mention in passing conversation with market visitors that there are market stall upstairs this Twilight Market!

Okay, see you all tomorrow, bump in from 2:00pm, hope you all have a wonderful day today!!! Our next gift guide to be posted very soooon :)